• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

My fiance and I plan to take our Honeymoon in St. Barts this April. From my research, it appears that Le Toiny and Isle de France are the top 2 hotels

G

Le Toiny or Isle de France?

My fiance and I plan to take our Honeymoon in St. Barts this April. From my research, it appears that Le Toiny and Isle de France are the top 2 hotels. I realize they each have their pros and cons; however, I would like to hear opinions of people who have stayed in one or both.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Le Toiny or Isle de France?

Be sure to read all the posts on hotels v. villas.

There are hotels on St. Barth, but they are not what you think of as a hotel. Rather, they are loose collections of villas scattered around a main building that will have the reception, restaurant, etc. They tend to be more expensive, but do offer more centralized services. You really don't get anything at a hotel that you cannot get in a villa. For example, villas have daily maid service, and you can even order food to be delivered to your villa -- a la room service. What you lose at a hotel is privacy, space, setting, etc.

-Brian

Try doing a search in the Forum of both places (search all dates) -- they have both been discussed at length.

I've stayed at both. Carl G. and Eden Rock are also considered top hotels. Toiney is probably the most distant hotel from Gustavia. Private (not as much as selected villas) with a pool that gets sun (unlike Carl G.). Hillside...no real beach. Isle de France is on Flammmands beach...longer, calmer, pretty beach. Less breeze and more potential mosquitoes. No private pool...2 story (main bldg.). The question always comes back to what you want...more seclusion, less seclusion, closer to town, close to beach, hillside views, breakfast delivered to your pool, etc. You will not make a mistake with either of these hotels...it's when you leave you may wish you had done this, or that different. If you can read enough and decide some of the issues..etc. you may diminish any hindsight thoughts.