• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Villas Diaco, Mirabelle

Honeymooners

SBH Member
I've read lots of great things about Diaco, but was wondering if anyone had stayed at Mirabelle or had any experience with that villa. We're very close to booking Diaco, but are still exploring options.

Thanks!

...and the elusive Danse du Soleil

I know this villa has been under renovations/upgrades or what-have-you...has anyone actually stayed there? I know about Michael and his woes...

stayed back to back at mirabelle first and then at diaco two months later. For a honeymoon Diaco is much more private. It sits at the very top of the mountain and no one can see what goes on but you. The views are very spectacular and the bed and bath very comfortable. The same goes for comfort at Mirabelle. A plus at mirabelle is the hot tub and very nice pool but, the owners live just above and portions of the pool deck can be seen from their back porch. They have a small child and we were careful to not cavort au naturel in view of the child. I would readily go back to either but I would definitely spend my honeymoon at Diaco especially if either of you like getting loud during !play!!!!!

We stay at Mirabelle when we are at SB and highly recommend it. The owners do live above but are wonderful people and you rarely see them. We have become friends with them and find this villa perfect as it is private enough but very close to beaches and restaurants. Au natural is not a problem in the spa, pool or deck as long as a bit of discretion is used.
I would recommend Mirabelle highly.

Re: ...and the elusive Danse du Soleil

Very familiar with La Danse du Soleil. Needed repairs over the past two years and the owners from Louisiana decided to convert the Walnut Bedroom into a 1 bedroom suite with its own pool. The villa is reasonable in rate, very safe, the view fabulous to east from Deve over Le Toiny & on to Cul-de-sac. Teak bedroom is the best overall. Kitchen very nice. Pool is an infinity pool. Neighbors are generally local, ie: a dentist lives next door 100 meters away. We always loved the privacy it affords, the seclusion, the eastern view & sunrise without the hot afternoon sun(mountains to the west of house)and the way constructed by the only architect ever to live on SB. Structure is unique, very appealing and comfortable. Lots of renovation since the spring. Rachael Francis, British, is the property manager handling Soleil & can give details above these as I have not seen the finished product. Her email is rachael.francis@wanadoo.fr -tell her Ric from Sullivans Island asked you to email. I have probably spent 7 or 8 weeks there over the years evaluating a possible purchase as it is for sale. Too much house. It rents as a 1,2 or 3 bedroom. It is a 10 minute drive to Lorient or Pointe Milou.

We are staying at Mirabelle soon and wanted to know what what types of amenities are included in the villa ( ie. Hairdryer, VCR, CD Player, etc. ) We had also read that there were beach chairs and a small cooler at this villa as well. Is this true?