• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Is there a drink (cocktail) that is unique or generally associated with St. Barts?

G

St. Barts Drink??

Is there a drink (cocktail) that is unique or generally associated with St. Barts?

Re: St. Barts Drink??

The drink that first comes to mind is a Ti Punch. It is made with an ounce or two of light or dark rhum, a little cane sugar syrup, one ice cube, a lemon twist placed in a small glass. One afternoon at Select I had way too many and went to brush something from my forehead and realized it was the curb. A slight exageration, but never the less procede with caution.

Many restaurants, following the lead of Le Rivage, have adopted the offering of undiluted rum spiced with vanilla with the final coffee.

Ti punch is certainly the first to come to mind. It is Marius' favorite so it must be good. Do not under any circumstances try to go one to one with him as he is the master and will drink you under the table.
Also Rose. I very seldom drink it anywhere except St Barts.
Used to see a lot of rum punch around but not anymore. I guess anything with run does the trick.

I didn't check the date because how in the hell does a 2002 post reappear????

A really really really slow day. . . . and by the way if you had to make Mike and I the Marx brothers, couldn't you make him Harpo?

I didn't check the date because how in the hell does a 2002 post reappear????

Easy, JimD replied to it! Another game: find the oldest post that is still topical and resurrect it! I'll go first.