L'Esprit

le_reve

Senior Insider
I am embarrassed to say for as long as I have been coming here, I didn't get to try L'Esprit until Friday. I know, I am very late to the party. Why did it take this long? Maybe the thought of the winding drive at night... maybe worried that it would be pretentious, maybe afraid it would never live up to the hype.

Well, I am here to report that it actually does live up to the hype, and more! And now, I regret all the years I wasted not coming to L'Esprit.

I had a wonderful mahi carpaccio with grapefruit for a starter and for my main I had roasted calamari with chorizo and arancini rice cake. Every bite was a taste wonder with so many flavors I would never think to put together but worked like a jazz composition. My dining companions had frog legs, oysters & leeks, scallops, black pork and other things that all agreed were unique and delicious. Service was on-point, attentive but not intrusive, and not the least bit pretentious.

I know I am preaching to the choir on this board singing the praises of L'Esprit. But, if you were like me and for some reason or another have not gone there, do it sooner rather than later!

(Oh, and yes, the winding drive at night is still an issue, but was easily solved by making non-chicken friends drive! Thank you, you know who you are! :heart1:)

So happy to read your great report, Tiffany! (And, BTW, I almost always use a taxi in evening dining . . . it straightens-out the “winding road” issue!). Thanks for writing!

I am glad you have discovered what we have known all along. A great chef creating food wonders in his immaculate kitchen, a wonderful team on board all working together, and a drop dead garden setting. Life is good.

Ahh, St Barths

We felt the same way (assumed pretentiousness, night drive, etc...) for years and only in the last couple of visits has L'Esprit become THE reservation to make.

I am glad you have discovered what we have known all along. A great chef creating food wonders in his immaculate kitchen, a wonderful team on board all working together, and a drop dead garden setting. Life is good.

Ahh, St Barths

:heart1:

And before the tall one was off to Saline, we have fond memories of him on the Rock!

Ahh, St Barths
+1

And you can see him every Sunday afternoon in front of Carib Waterplay for a long leisurely lunch and beach with about 8-10 of his friends and family. Jean Mi and Lucas set up a long table with umbrellas and they all bring coolers. We always laugh that it must be the remainder of the week’s restaurant food

L’Esprit is always at the top of our dining list and usually go twice each visit. The cuisine is fantastic and the restaurant environment lush and very inviting. JCD and staff are masters of their craft.

L’Esprit is always at the top of our dining list and usually go twice each visit. The cuisine is fantastic and the restaurant environment lush and very inviting. JCD and staff are masters of their craft.

Spot on comment, Gayle. Could not agree more. And you can actually enjoy Dining while enjoying and hearing conversations with your table mates. What a concept!

Spot on comment, Gayle. Could not agree more. And you can actually enjoy Dining while enjoying and hearing conversations with your table mates. What a concept!

You’re absolutely right, Amy! And, striking up interesting conversations with nearby couples/tables is always a treat!