Verbal Trip Report to a Forum Friend

JEK

Senior Insider
I just delivered a long verbal trip report to one Moderator Tim in Richmond Virginia. He wanted me send good wishes to all his Forum and island friends.

Thank you, John, for this report. Such a very lovely flashback to a special friendship.

Long before I knew Tim as a “Mod,” he was a close-by SBH neighbor to Wendy & me when we acquired Villa CEC and undertook renovations to it. Because of Tim’s proximity on SBH & his generous, very kind spirit, he offered Wendy so much in terms of encouragement & help with basic Villa maintenance issues when I was off island, through hurricanes & other travails (even if I were on-island, I’m a klutz at maintenance, so Tim was our “go to” advisor on all Villa matters!).

Very fond greetings to Tim & Rickey.

Thanks John. I think of Tim quite often.

I loved his WHERE AM I NOW? posts as he tooled around St Barths on his bike when roads were more like trails and dirt than roads. As a moderator Tim was kind and helpful to all. Food wise, he taught us the glory of a Dame Blanche enjoyed at Andy’s Hideaway.He was the first to organize or sponsor or support a forum gathering.

We all learned a lot from a master in congeniality and I sure do miss him too. I am so grateful for the personal invite to participate in the forum and his belief that the forum could use more input from women. He was right again when he said that I had to, simply had to, meet this smart writer named Ellen, formerly from Philly, married to a local and living on St Barths. He was right, a good match.

Thank you so much. I miss your photos and your mischief. Take care and say hi to Rickey for me.

Tim is the original SBH ironman! I will never forget his adventures of riding his bike over the hills of the island.

Warmest wishes to you, Tim!