Friday Night Dinner Recs

We will be at La Langouste or Le Ti that night. Can someone give me some scoop on Le Ti (I see JEK’s comment). Always have wanted to go to Le Ti, but have just always heard poor reviews of the food quality. Maybe that’s changed. I’m not a stay up all night party guy, so curious how others experiences have been with food and “the show”. I know what I am getting at La Langouste.

Eddys, Santa Fe (first time since Manu’s final night), and Moules frites Le Repaire are locked in for us.

16 years olds first time and I believe she will be hooked for life now.

16 year old girl…call me old fashioned and book Langouste. She can watch the lobster tank in action, swim in the pool if she would like to be active rather than table bound, or look out at Flamands Beach and the stars above, maybe a bright moon, for excitement as she gets in touch with the beauty of St Barths and her planet and gets to know what really makes lifetime memories.

Sounds like a nice family getaway, enjoy!

We will be at La Langouste or Le Ti that night. Can someone give me some scoop on Le Ti (I see JEK’s comment). Always have wanted to go to Le Ti, but have just always heard poor reviews of the food quality. Maybe that’s changed. I’m not a stay up all night party guy, so curious how others experiences have been with food and “the show”. I know what I am getting at La Langouste.

Eddys, Santa Fe (first time since Manu’s final night), and Moules frites Le Repaire are locked in for us.

16 years olds first time and I believe she will be hooked for life now.
Our dinner at Le Ti this trip was fabulous, my favorite meal of the trip. If you don’t want to stay too late, I would book dinner at 8. The show begins around 9 and goes for an hour or so; the show is sexy, but fine for a 16 year old. When that stops, it turns into the party atmosphere around 11 and goes until. Le Ti is a lot of fun and the food is good, just very expensive.

. . . Can someone give me some scoop on Le Ti . . .16 years olds first time and I believe she will be hooked for life now.

I haven’t been to Le Ti in about five years . . . just prior to the pandemic. In a late evening, after dinner visit, my guests & I stayed longer than expected because the Valet misplaced our car. He apologetically bought us some drinks in the 1+ hour that it took to find it. (Admittedly, the place was packed, with people coming & going . . . and he was working alone.) While waiting, we saw much of what Le Ti is noted for . . . including its entertainment (see https://www.tistbarth.com/exclusive-shows) & dancing on tables.

Over years, in a few early-evening, prior visits for dinner, I found the food to be very good . . . not the quality of Zion, L’Esprit, Santa Fe, or L’Isola (among other fine dining restaurants). But about what one would expect from a venue which (a) describes itself as an “exclusive dinner and party atmosphere,” with its logo of a one-eye pirate in a tricorn hat, & (b) caters to VIP guests (https://www.tistbarth.com/guests).

For fun and upbeat how about Baz Bar? When we were there in November, there was a band playing afro-caribbean music. Was a great time.

We like Le Ti too. I also agree that the food is much better than you would expect but its a pricey night. If you stay until after the "floor show" it can get fairly rambunctious with the people dancing and singing some of whom will likely be 3 sheets to the wind by then. The 16 year old maybe embarrassed by the parents.

Baz Bar live music I am sad to inform you is a rare occurrence.

One reason was difficulty in reasonably housing visiting musicians. I will see if I can find out what future acts and musicians might be coming here.

Baz Bar live music I am sad to inform you is a rare occurrence.

One reason was difficulty in reasonably housing visiting musicians. I will see if I can find out what future acts and musicians might be coming here.

January has been a good month for live!

Screenshot 2023-01-23 at 11.56.33 AM.jpg

Sand Bar. Best dinner visual atmosphere on the island (Tamarin could make an argument for). Interior design, water lit up, rock wall lit up, food quality very good.

Christmas and a weekend in January. This is not a regular occurrence you can count on,
John. I will check…note the 14th is Valentine’s Day and the 21st is Carnaval…could very well be a good time.

Returning from Baz Bar tonight with the skinny…the lowdown…the details. Live music EVERY Friday and Saturday. Friday is African music theme. Saturday is a chanteuse who does it all from jazz, rock, standards, , Piaf, Amy Winehouse….everything! Music starts at 8:30 and wraps at midnight.

Glad to help.

Over and out.

Returning from Baz Bar tonight with the skinny…the lowdown…the details. Live music EVERY Friday and Saturday. Friday is African music theme. Saturday is a chanteuse who does it all from jazz, rock, standards, , Piaf, Amy Winehouse….everything! Music starts at 8:30 and wraps at midnight.

Glad to help.

Over and out.

Love the talent of embedded researchers!

16 year old girl…call me old fashioned and book Langouste. She can watch the lobster tank in action, swim in the pool if she would like to be active rather than table bound, or look out at Flamands Beach and the stars above, maybe a bright moon, for excitement as she gets in touch with the beauty of St Barths and her planet and gets to know what really makes lifetime memories.

My only concern about La Langouste is finding it in the dark. If you’re not familiar with the location then it can be difficult.

This gets my vote

No. Nice ride end of Flamands, parking, little rooms for rent, small pool, good food. Sedate crowd.

There also is a stairway from the pool area down to Flamands beach, which is very convenient for restaurant diners who want a quick dip in the sea between courses & for hotel guests.

The restaurant, located in a small hotel, “Hotel Baie des Anges,” is at Flamands Beach, as Andy describes. Owner / proprietor of the property is Annie Ange . . . a lovely lady & legendary restaurateur of the island. Though Annie no longer operates the restaurant, “La Langouste,” she’s often at the hotel’s front desk, which one passes in entering the restaurant, & I’m confident that she subtly monitors restaurant operations & quality. While La Langouste isn’t a wild & crazy place, it definitely is — IMO — a gracious, very pleasant environment with fairly consistent, high quality food . . . and is one of a small number of places where live langoustes in a tank generally are available. Service, unfortunately, can be uneven when the restaurant is filled, as servers hustle, but have a hard time keeping up with food & drink service.

Suggest that anyone planning to go to Langouste take a drive out there in daylight to scope out where the turn is & the little sign that hopefully is still there. Always enjoyed going there, dessert of floating island, yummy !

We stay on Flamands, so it is a nice walk down the beach to La Langouste. I'll second the easily overwhelmed service. We try to get there before 7:30 and get one of the first tables and have had attentive and personal service. If the restaurant fills up, maybe half our visits, then patience is required for "l'addition", let alone the actual meal.

We stay on Flamands, so it is a nice walk down the beach to La Langouste. I'll second the easily overwhelmed service. We try to get there before 7:30 and get one of the first tables and have had attentive and personal service. If the restaurant fills up, maybe half our visits, then patience is required for "l'addition", let alone the actual meal.

Exactly what we have found the service to be for the last 3 years. But a tranquil spot for locals and visitors and we roll with it. Well, until it gets really annoying.