Villa Gros Ilet

HFC

SBH Member
Not much info on this villa, so thought it would be good to share our experience.

This 2 bedroom villa is located just up the hill from Carl Gustaf. We rented 1 bedroom through Marla. There is parking just above the villa at street level, and then you access the villa by walking down a flight of stairs.

The living room and kitchen are on first floor and have great views of Gustavia and the sea. Afternoons are very sunny and no shade on the terrace in late afternoon. Great for sunsets.

Bedrooms are on lower level and we did not hear any road noise. Our bedroom had a very comfortable king bed, but mattress may be too soft for some.

The whole villa is immaculate and comfortable.

Walked to Carl Gustaf for drinks one evening, which took maybe 2 minutes, but this section of the road has no sidewalks. Sidewalk starts at Carl Gustaf. Walk into town was good for mountain goats, but can be done if you are fit. Wouldn’t want to attempt it in the heat of the day, and could be treacherous at night as sometimes you have to walk into the road to get around parked cars.

To my husband’s delight, there were always yachts sitting in the sea in front of the villa. (Villa has a set of binoculars.)

This is a good option for those wishing to have quick access to Gustavia and wanting sunset views.

YES! A wonderful villa with amazing views. My only complaint was, as you mentioned, the lack of afternoon shade. So my naps were forded indoors.

We spent Thanksgiving and my 60th birthday there in 2019.

Some pics.
59657904510__4FC3EA32-20E8-4876-ADFF-FEA69C391C7E.jpg
IMG_8164.jpg
IMG_8265.jpg
IMG_8226.jpg
IMG_8316.jpg

Attachments

• 59657904510__4FC3EA32-20E8-4876-ADFF-FEA69C391C7E.jpg
    59657904510__4FC3EA32-20E8-4876-ADFF-FEA69C391C7E.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 351
We have stayed there three times. Parking space can be a little tricky. Back in to pull out, or pull in to back out? A very nice villa with unmatched views, IMO.
Very roomy. Construction nearby drove us away recently; will probably be our #1 choice next trip

Beautiful photos. Yes, the parking was a little tricky, but got the hang of it fairly quickly. We are here now and no construction nearby. We loved being close to Saline and not having to drive through traffic to get there.

Beautiful photos. Yes, the parking was a little tricky, but got the hang of it fairly quickly. We are here now and no construction nearby. We loved being close to Saline and not having to drive through traffic to get there.
BTW

i did walk into town one morning for croissants and back up.

once.