Family trip!

sec

SBH Member
Good afternoon!

At long last, my wife and I are planning a return to SBH! First time since the hurricane. Typically we come alone, and have since we celebrated our honeymoon on island in 1993. This time, we're bring the fam. Woo Hoo!

We love the Columbier area for the breezes, sunsets and big views - and close to town. Now that we have additions in tow, we need more rooms than usual - probably 4 but maybe 3.

In years past, we have looked at Villa ANK (Cactus) but I recall some concern about road noise? Is that an issue with ANK? Might be a bit small for 6.

Also, looking at VUE. I realize there is a big difference in price in those two but nonetheless. Thoughts?

Are there other villas in the area we are overlooking - I'm sure there are, so any advice would be welcomed.

Many thanks in advance friends! This is THE best site for island information on any island in the Caribbean!

Villa Always is a nice Villa with good views and nice outdoor spaces. (3) Bedroom; Neat and Tidy Villa with good parking and privacy.

Can be rented through Corcoran. Guillaume and Olivia are excellent owners, live on island and provide exception service at the least expensive rates. Martin is your concierge and first class all the way! Corcoran only charge 5% whereas other rental companies are much more. I have been renting from Happy Villa Rental (now Corcoran) for several years. They are an exceptional company.

Disclosure: I receive nothing excepting assisting other Forum members and my friendship with Corcoran. Happy Villa shopping.

Happy Villa / Corcoran are the best. J.C is amazing... He's always there to help throughout the trip and meets you right at the airport. Wouldn't use anyone else.

We have visited the island only a few times.... staying in Flamands, Corosol, Columbier and Point Milou. Recently we rented Villa Wish down the hill from Always (they share a driveway).

We liked Villa Wish (only 2 bedrooms so doesn't fit your criteria) and it wasn't (had to edit this) too difficult of a walk to the bakery and Les Bananiers which was nice.... however, the landing planes are quite loud..... and a bit disruptive.... kind of like an annoying mosquito. You can put up with them, but we found it a bit nice when we didn't have to.

There is also a video somewhere on YouTube of Villa Always. Not an overly entertaining video, as it documents someone's trip (who knew absolutely nothing about the island or this forum) but you can get a sense of what the villa looks like:

We recently toured Villa Mirador (WV ING), a 4 bedroom villa in Colombier and really liked it. The # of people in our party changed and we ended up deciding to stay elsewhere, but I will keep it in mind for the future. It definitely has the breeze and big views you are looking for.