Hotel List help

jamiem4

SBH Member
Hi Forum!Happy New Year and Best Wishes always for a healthy and 2023! I don't post much, however several of you I know personally from living on SBH part-time for many many years. This will therefore seem like a request that I should be able to answer, however I know many of you are amazing and know far better than I do! Is there a link to a current list of hotels/resorts on SBH in one place? We have friends of friends of friends who are asking (and I did already provide the link to the forum and still received a follow-up request.) I did see the wonderful restaurant guide that was so up to date with phone numbers, etc...that I was wondering if there was the same for the hotels (they do not want to rent a villa.) Apologies again in advance if I did not post this to the right place or if I am one-click away and missed it!

I also have to say I am so happy to see a few folks around the island (Kim, Phil and Amy, Ellen, Dennis...and others.) I know I wave to more folks when driving by...which is becoming quite a challenge and scary this season with the craziest of scooters...

And another first in my life - I have driven Defenders since I was young (in Spain as a kid) and I just had cameras installed in our island Defender - not for backing up but to see how close the folks are behind me that will whip around into the oncoming traffic. As some of you know, I have grandkids and I am an avid F1 fan (yes, Max and family are here...but not saying I'm a Max fan...just noting it...) I consider myself a good and agile driver. I never thought the driving on SBH would be worse than in (some parts of) India, Middle East, or parts of Africa...there are no lanes here anymore!

Thanks everyone for reading this. Please PM me w/the list or proper link if you have one. I know google is a friend too but just being nice to people who haven't visited SBH before.

Jamie

Hi Jamie..I do not have but one idea, is there still a St Barths phone directory? It might have hotel listings for your friends.

Thank you so much! This is perfect and I have already sent along.

much appreciated and Happy New Year!!

Hi Forum!Happy New Year and Best Wishes always for a healthy and 2023! I don't post much, however several of you I know personally from living on SBH part-time for many many years. This will therefore seem like a request that I should be able to answer, however I know many of you are amazing and know far better than I do! Is there a link to a current list of hotels/resorts on SBH in one place? We have friends of friends of friends who are asking (and I did already provide the link to the forum and still received a follow-up request.) I did see the wonderful restaurant guide that was so up to date with phone numbers, etc...that I was wondering if there was the same for the hotels (they do not want to rent a villa.) Apologies again in advance if I did not post this to the right place or if I am one-click away and missed it!

I also have to say I am so happy to see a few folks around the island (Kim, Phil and Amy, Ellen, Dennis...and others.) I know I wave to more folks when driving by...which is becoming quite a challenge and scary this season with the craziest of scooters...

And another first in my life - I have driven Defenders since I was young (in Spain as a kid) and I just had cameras installed in our island Defender - not for backing up but to see how close the folks are behind me that will whip around into the oncoming traffic. As some of you know, I have grandkids and I am an avid F1 fan (yes, Max and family are here...but not saying I'm a Max fan...just noting it...) I consider myself a good and agile driver. I never thought the driving on SBH would be worse than in (some parts of) India, Middle East, or parts of Africa...there are no lanes here anymore!

Thanks everyone for reading this. Please PM me w/the list or proper link if you have one. I know google is a friend too but just being nice to people who haven't visited SBH before.

Jamie

Hey girl! I suggest we do a resort visit avec proper lunching to scope things out for your friends! Or, simply find out what they are willing to spend daily and we can find the perfect place. Key things are ability to get in the water which would eliminate a few places. Do they want to be beachside? Do they want a fridge they can keep some drinks/snacks in? Do they want a pool? Do they have kids that need to be entertained? Do they require actually being served their drinks while sun lounging? All good things to know for making proper recommendation:)

Hey Kim, Happy New Year beautiful!! These are great questions of course! I did forward the links and I will see what questions they may have. I think the idea is to be at Eden Rock or similar where one can roll out of the room and into the water, have no need to walk too far to a bar or for food and then also have the opportunity to enjoy the craziness at Nikki Beach if one would so choose to do that. As for us….we escape to the hills an avoid table dancing and seizure-inducing strobe lights where you need a military grade noise-cancelling headset… but for these folks who are used to Mykonos, Ibiza, etc…that may be more their style. They sometimes rent our house in Marbella….but they aren’t close friends so I will catch up when I hear back and we can go “lunching” to see what they select!

Mercedes/AMG loyalist - Regardless of what one things of Lewis, George Russell is a superstar in waiting.

Amen to your point on the on island driving. Done it for 30 years and what I saw over two weeks in December was like nothing I’ve seen in while……….

Hi Dadto6 ~ you may get to run into him if you are here now _ today was a gathering at ER with his sister…their villa is closer to Vitet however they frequent Christopher and Eden Rock.

Just a little fun…we were always part of Formula racing from my mom’s young obsession with Steve McQueen. I inherited that gene I suppose. My PhD is in rocket fuel (boron-hydride chemistry) so I love fast engines with explosive power (hubby was in the Air Force for 26yrs.) When I ran a biotech company, my CFO was a former F1 CFO. Sold that company in 2020;(hence I am “retired”) and now same CFO is my husband’s company CFO….so we always have a pulse on F1 it seems.

We have a few unique AM race vehicles and the last Q car SO (special order) signed by the Queen before she passed. When Aston Martin Red Bull raced, Max was a rising kid whom we fully supported him as a team shareholder. Max is an amazing world-class driver even as a youthful and energetic spirited kid. Now AM has its team and sadly Seb retired~ however the other coolest of the cool and best of the best are always such wonderful sports and ambassadors for most important causes…with a little feistiness thrown in. Incredible athletes and I am excited for the new season. I can’t say the Miami or Vegas circuit is one I am warming up to~ however for me there is always Monaco, Italy and Spain to enjoy since I know these from my youth (…a distant memory that is…)

Currently we will work with George Russell on the 2023 mental health awareness campaign. Please PM me or follow on IG. I believe George will be here shortly on the island, same as last year.

The “driving” is utter chaos. Reminds me of Cannonball Run as we sprint from Vitet to Gustavia. I have a death grip on my driving wheel. Today the flooding in certain areas still didn’t faze scooter/quad or other lower hanging vehicles (mini-coopers) as they plunked into the rising water…they were still trying to speed and pass other stalled vehicles.

While these kids and aggressive large delivery vehicle drivers must need to race and have a death wish, I truly worry that I will be the one who is snared in an accident driving the speed limit and being a most defensive driver. Just this week I witnessed two accidents… time for all of us to brush up on first responder first aid given the time it takes for the ambulance to be called. I was an EMT in college (I posted that years ago) which has helped (sadly) even as recent as October when I saw the young lady fly off her scooter and islam into a rock, but I am truly concerned with driving on this island. Worst I have experienced here. It will make driving in California when we return seem like sleepwalking.

Hi Jamiem4
I enjoy watching George, I knew he had massive talent, was just stuck on a crappy team. Pity when he subbed for the Covid stricken Lewis and the Mercedes Team let him down on ill handled tire change while leading the race. We are staying in a Villa in Vitet as well. Hope Max is enjoying some well deserved time off. Hectic schedule the balance of the year.

Hi from Vitet! George is a lovely guy. And he is leading the F1 mental health awareness campaign…. And in keeping within the theme of hotels (so I remain in good graces with the moderators) our friends reached out to quite a few from the list posted/provided. Several responses were not worthy of mention of those that did respond, however Eden Rock responded…and at over €15K per night for 13 nights, it is interesting to note the levels of customer service. They are booked and happy and will be here soon.