Restaurants you miss.

Maya's and La Gloriette. Also Hideaway. Got to meet Andy on our first visit and unfortunately his last summer. Not the same the following year.

Piripiri, Gloriette and Wall House were regulars on our first few trips. Great memories from all 3. Honorable mention to the Hideaway as well.

Maya’s, La Mandela, Sapotelier (loved the baby turbot), Gloriette, Hideaway, New Born, and Le Gaiac for their Sunday brunch, lunch or dinner. La Marine was also good.

Does it still have a pianist and sunset drinks without having dinner there?

Still a great place for sunset cocktails and tapas. Alas no piano and no guita either. Background music respectful of conversational levels. You can stay for dinner or move on from there.

The sun setting and the lights of the harbor coming on..Priceless. I also like the 7pm church bells often ringing.

Le Sapotillier, La Gloriette, Top of the Rock (ER), Le Carré in Gustavia, and of course, The Hideaway. And our chef at Le Guanahani, Philippe Masseglia along with Charles Darden on the piano.

Nice spot. And I had completely forgotten about the honey duck at Saladerie that Missy mentioned in her post. Such wonderful dining experiences on this tiny island.

A bit off the radar, but back in the day, we loved L’Ananas - half way up the hill toward what is now Bonito. Great patio, refined service and wonderful seafood. The subsequent iterations have been less inspired.7

A bit off the radar, but back in the day, we loved L’Ananas - half way up the hill toward what is now Bonito. Great patio, refined service and wonderful seafood. The subsequent iterations have been less inspired.7
wow we ate at L”Ananas on our honeymoon. What a great memory.

DCT, we met the chef and his wife from L’ Ananas while we were on ST Martin. They encouraged us to go see neighboring St Barths. We made a trip and had lunch at their friend Herve’s Restaurant. We did. We keep in touch with them even now that they are back in France. We never ate at their restaurant here, but loved dining with them at Astrolabe on St Martin.

Years ago we had a very memorable meal at Trois Force with chef Hubert.
Wonder if anyone else dined there and can relate their experience.
What ever happened to the restaurant, Hubert, and the rooms there?

Do miss the Wall House and Meat & Potatoes

Hubert is one of a kind. I remember getting some excellent wines at favorable prices at his restaurant. My recollection is that the rooms were leased to Le Guanahani for use as staff housing.

Castelets, the original Francois Plantation, La Toque Lyonnaise (El Sereno), Wall House, Maya, Sapotellier, Au Port.

Castelets, the original Francois Plantation, La Toque Lyonnaise (El Sereno), Wall House, Maya, Sapotellier, Au Port.

I agree with this list too.

This tiny island has had a share of tremendously memorable restaurants and chefs.

AS Phil has often said SO MANY RESTAURANTS, SO LITTLE TIME.