Restaurants you miss.

with the parrot.

A pair of parrots. And my how they soared. They could be mean and noisy too. none was a stunning blue and yellow, the other red and green.

Once we arrived and a fledge was getting flying lens. I took out my Nikon with its telephoto lens and that Poppa parrot dived straight for me. I put the gear away and took shelter under the old landmark Tamarin tree. A good fright and my getaway flight was faster than the baby bird’s.

Claude was the waiter and he laughed at me. A scary perilous moment. You have to respect those nature photographers out there.

Our favorite was Paradisio in Gustavia. They were so kind and caring when we brought our very young son. They brought him pasta with butter and cheese
as we sat down so he was happy and mom and dad could enjoy a cocktail before or dinner! The owner remembered us each time we returned and treated us like family.

Our favorite was Paradisio in Gustavia. They were so kind and caring when we brought our very young son. They brought him pasta with butter and cheese
as we sat down so he was happy and mom and dad could enjoy a cocktail before or dinner! The owner remembered us each time we returned and treated us like family.
Ginger that is the beauty of St. Barth. Obviously the new restaurants and hotels have a long way to go however I hope your remembrances of the amazing ambiance of our paradise continues.

Sapotillier translates to sarsaparilla. Ir was a beauty even though often shedding blossoms upon the diners seated beneath its majestic arms in the heart of the lower dining room.

Makes one appreciate the past glories..the Tamarind at Tamarin and the huge Gaiac at the entrance to LeToiny's dining room. The tree at the curb at Le Select in Gustavia. Irma and other weather events wore out these glorious oldtimers.

Lafayette Club for lunch....many love Nikki Beach....heah, it's fun...but full of obnoxious Russians and Americans...Lafayette Club was true experience of European chic...we were so young...and just starting out...on our first trip...1990...
Marigot Beach Club...little shack on the beach...fished for their own lobsters...why? First night of our first trip...1990...pure magic....it was special...just me and the wife...the island was special...I don't think I'll ever experience that magic again...anywhere, anyplace...as I turned 61 last month...
The Wall House...many great dinners with the family...and Franc...
Andy and the Hideaway...always the first night of our vacation with the family and often the last night...Terry always made a great Mohito...and Andy was always the gracious host...my 2 boys literally grew up there...probably the most special restaurant for all the memories...and the cheapest bill...but not the cheapest memories...sometimes, it's not the most expensive things in life that are the best!

I know things have to change...but the early days were pure magic...