Restaurants you miss.

Some help…taking a walk through history on this thread has been wonderful. There was one place in Saline that I just can’t remember the name of. Jambalaya cuisine I believe. Circa 2003 - 2005 when we brought our niece to our happy place for her college graduation present. I believe right before L’Esprit on the left. Could have been a place before meat & potatoes. Anyone!

Le Gommier... run by Maryse Berry who is originally from Martinique .. it was Creole cooking Caribbean style...

Some help…taking a walk through history on this thread has been wonderful. There was one place in Saline that I just can’t remember the name of. Jambalaya cuisine I believe. Circa 2003 - 2005 when we brought our niece to our happy place for her college graduation present. I believe right before L’Esprit on the left. Could have been a place before meat & potatoes. Anyone!

Le Gommier.

Ellen and Kevin that is it! Thank you so much. Sitting home, ordering in, on a freezing Long Island night would rather be in my happy place. Next one…can not think of the name. The resto across the street from Eddy’s before Orega? The owner was amazing I believe her name was Patu. Wonderful, different French food. Thanks

A50B35EE-BB05-46F7-9B21-D7AE65461E84.jpeg
When traveling with our son when he was 6-10, we liked Paradiso. They really catered to him and let us relax and enjoy the evening! We don’t recall the name, but there was a pizza place on the other side of the harbor that we liked. For us, the restaurant is not necessarily about the food, but the atmosphere and the clientele. With that said, we really enjoy Le Select!

Ellen and Kevin that is it! Thank you so much. Sitting home, ordering in, on a freezing Long Island night would rather be in my happy place. Next one…can not think of the name. The resto across the street from Eddy’s before Orega? The owner was amazing I believe her name was Patu. Wonderful, different French food. Thanks

B4.

When traveling with our son when he was 6-10, we liked Paradiso. They really catered to him and let us relax and enjoy the evening! We don’t recall the name, but there was a pizza place on the other side of the harbor that we liked. For us, the restaurant is not necessarily about the food, but the atmosphere and the clientele. With that said, we really enjoy Le Select!

The pizza place in question went through several iterations. In my early days, it was L’Escale, and then L’Arbre de Voyageur. Towards the end, it was La Saladerie and later Harbour’s Saladerie. There were a number of forgettable incarnations both between and after those four restaurants, some which offered pizza, and some which didn’t. It’s been dark since Hurricane Irma.

The pizza place in question went through several iterations. In my early days, it was L’Escale, and then L’Arbre de Voyageur. Towards the end, it was La Saladerie and later Harbour’s Saladerie. There were a number of forgettable incarnations both between and after those four restaurants, some which offered pizza, and some which didn’t. It’s been dark since Hurricane Irma.

I think the only really successful place there was L'Escale... they had great pizza for sure.

It became Côte du Port which Irma blew down into the port. Herve then built and opened QG..Quarter General across from the post office. Unique design and the nicest wood weave ceiling. I miss it.

Was L’ Escale the place where you had a baby bottle with the key to the restroom?
not sure however I do remember that back in the day there were not too many places open on a Sunday night. L’Escale was one of them with wonderful pizza

We miss Tamarin for lunch, dinner has never been a favorite and the Wall House. It hasn’t been that long, but we miss Orega and their wonderful staff.

We miss Tamarin for lunch, dinner has never been a favorite and the Wall House. It hasn’t been that long, but we miss Orega and their wonderful staff.

Orega is back, but no reports on ownership, menu and staff.

Have not been but friends reported Greg is back. Tuti had her baby and all is well. So New staff in place. (Their plan to buy the restaurant did not work out.) no more details inthat or them.

Limited menu. Small plates. Great food. Pricey.

Have not been but friends reported Greg is back. Tuti had her baby and all is well. So New staff in place. (Their plan to buy the restaurant did not work out.) no more details inthat or them.

Limited menu. Small plates. Great food. Pricey.
amyb; Pricey? I can't believe it. On St. Barts?