SBH 2022 airport figures

andynap

Senior Insider
Screenshot_20221112-122305_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20221112-122313_Facebook.jpg

Or, comprehension of “No left turn” in front of the U.
If I stop to allow someone to exit-left from the U (after dutifully enjoying the round-a-bout), the stoppage invites a stream of cars going left into U from the airport—-thanking and hand~waving…as if they have no clue…

With a record number of cars this season comes no discussion to obey a few common rules and common driving sense seems to evaporate.

I would also say the rolling red/yellow/green lights are crash-enablers… I faithfully executed my weekly Sunday 5K in Vitet and at a “traffic” light I counted a total of 7 cars and 3 scooters (no car or scooter) paid any intention…and others were so lost…I stood there watching how all slowed down at the red - then buzzed around. There was no way to see what was coming from the other direction.

The red/yellow/green light problem seems particularly to be an issue at night.

We witnessed this first hand on our way up the hill to Santa Fe. We stopped at the red light with 2 minutes left on the countdown and were immediately passed by a rather impatient moke. Sure enough, a few seconds later they were met head-on by a moped. It took the two parties awhile to maneuver around each other and, from the looks of the encounter, the moped offered the moke a few words of wisdom.

We witnessed this first hand on our way up the hill to Santa Fe. We stopped at the red light with 2 minutes left on the countdown and were immediately passed by a rather impatient moke. Sure enough, a few seconds later they were met head-on by a moped. It took the two parties awhile to maneuver around each other and, from the looks of the encounter, the moped offered the moke a few words of wisdom.

. . . and appropriately delivered!