Remember when London dining had no respect?

cec1

Senior Insider
Ooopppps . sent too soon. More in this exquisite luncheon.

. . . maybe ancient history for many here . . . but no longer true. For friends & others, sharing an exquisite lunch today!

Succulent oysters on the half shell from Carlingford, Ireland BBD39647-ED00-498E-A041-BCD3BF4C0315.jpeg

One of the top three filet mignon steaks I’ve ever had (can’t exactly remember the others, but at this level, it’s hard to define!) . . . with fabulous frites. Served with chimichurri sauce (as an accommodation to my GF & DF restrictions)995896E7-2FAA-43AA-A90A-9CF8DCEE5CB3.jpg

And a breathtaking Bordeau6155FD58-623D-43AD-B854-D696FEC05CB4.jpeg

Ooopppps . sent too soon. More in this exquisite luncheon.

. . . maybe ancient history for many here . . . but no longer true. For friends & others, sharing an exquisite lunch today!

Succulent oysters on the half shell from Carlingford, IrelandView attachment 63050

One of the top three filet mignon steaks I’ve ever had (can’t exactly remember the others, but at this level, it’s hard to define!) . . . with fabulous frites. Served with chimichurri sauce (as an accommodation to my GF & DF restrictions)View attachment 63051

And a breathtaking BordeauView attachment 63052

I spent a lot of time in London in the late 90s and the dining was exquisite then! The days of spotted dick and bubble and squeak were waning!

I spent a lot of time in London in the late 90s and the dining was exquisite then! The days of spotted dick and bubble and squeak were waning!
The 80s, John, not so good . . . early 90s, beginning of a transition.