MartinS

JEK

Senior Insider
Just had a text exchange with him and he is safe at a friend’s house well inland. He is hopeful the surge will not hit his home, but the winds are ferocious :pray1:

Statewide power outages.

Hope all our friends in the path stay safe and check in as soon as possible. We care!

Cheryl spoke to Jackie and all is well so far in Naples. My best friend Al lives in Ft. Lauderdale and wind + rain however all is well. My friend Lisa lives in Ocala and she is well with the hurricane moving to her east. However her sister is in the path. Will keep all posted. This sucks by the way

Glad you heard from him. Travel is going to be non existent until debris gets cleared and roads get dry and open.

. . . though not there, neighbors in Jacksonville advise that all is well in our neighborhood along the St. Johns River. One large tree down in the ‘hood, but didn’t hit anything.
F11454DB-A790-4F80-A145-68AFCB1EF744.jpg
After a major flood at our house five years ago during Hurricane Irma, we installed an extensive drainage system around the house that seems to have worked “like a charm!” — grateful for that!

Heard from Ron Hermann - his natural gas generator has been running for 4 day, but no damage

My parents in Sarasota did well. They never lost power or cell but internet and cable went out in the height of the storm. Lots of debris in the yard but no trees down.