Paris Redux

Jim Kelly-Evans

Senior Insider
It's been a few years since our last visit to the City Of Light. We're here for a few days on either end of a Rhone riverboat trip through Burgundy and Provence. Needless to say we're loving our time here visiting some old favorites (The Louvre) and some new attractions (The Conciergerie.) We've also struck culinary gold a couple of times. Brasserie Mollard is directly across the street from our hotel, The Paris Opera Hilton. The hotel dates from the 1880s and features a beautiful Grand Salon. Seafood is a specialty at Mollard and it was delicious. Another outstanding dining experience was at Cafe de la Paix, located across the street from the Palais Garnier opera house (see photos.) Poor Notre Dame is still closed and under reconstruction from the terrible fire. A dinner cruise on the Seine was a highlight one evening. it's great to be back here in Paris.

P1030436.jpg

P1030434.jpg

P1030435.jpg

P1030452.jpg

P1030454.jpg

P1030446.jpg

P1030455.jpg

P1030460.jpg

P1030458.jpg

P1030457.jpg

P1030456.jpg

P1030461.jpg

P1030463.jpg

P1030464.jpg

Attachments

• P1030451.JPG
    P1030451.JPG
    116.5 KB · Views: 82
Loved all of your trip, Jim . . . thanks for sharing -- especially today's report on Paris, where Wendy and I are heading next week. Your dining tips are great! (BTW, which Seine dinner cruise did you take>)

Quite the lines at the Louvre ! Enjoy the Rhone riverboat trip or has that happened already? you 2 sure are ticking off what I think is a bucket list ! Have only been to Paris in the spring, never in the fall, once in February for my husband's birthday. He loves frogs legs, wonder if the restaurant on the left still is there ?

Loved all of your trip, Jim . . . thanks for sharing -- especially today's report on Paris, where Wendy and I are heading next week. Your dining tips are great! (BTW, which Seine dinner cruise did you take>)

It was a charter, Dennis, so I don't know the name of the cruise company. There are many bateau mouche operations along the banks, though. I'm sure you can easily find one to your liking.

Beautiful pics! Ahhhh, Paris. :heart1:

Wishing all forum friends who are there or going a wonderful trip.

Jim, please report back on the boat cruise. Sounds amazing.

mb