Zion Reservations

One of the 3 best fish restaurants in the world.

Capture d’écran 2022-08-19 à 6.06.03 PM.jpg

. . . not sure how Le Bernardin manages to hold down its price point, but it’s fantastic (in all respects!).

La Vague d'Or's (Le Cheval Blanc - St Tropez) lunch and breakfast restaurant La Terrasse has a 3 course lunch menu at 145 euros. We may give that a go next May.

We didn't need to place a credit card number with our reservation directly with the restaurant, via email, for Thanksgiving week at the Chef's Counter. Maybe they have changed their policy?

We didn't need to place a credit card number with our reservation directly with the restaurant, via email, for Thanksgiving week at the Chef's Counter. Maybe they have changed their policy?

Maybe they know you so they know your cool already :cool:.

In the end we decided that there was something lost in translation (at least that's how I'm seeing it now). We are booked through Wimco and we asked the concierge there what the statements meant. They said that as along as we cancel the reservation before 6:30 on the night we are supposed to arrive we should be OK. I can completely understand this from the restaurants end. If we have something come up (hopefully not), and we cancel before 6:30 pm, it will allow them to take another party as a walk-in.

Knowing how difficult it can be to get reservations, even here in Pittsburgh, only to arrive and see empty tables....I totally understand why a CC is needed in SBH. Also bear in mine how early this is compared to the trip date. There are people who load up on alternative options so they can decide on the day or some who simply forget they made them, but either way both the restaurant AND other diners lose. One feature of Open Table is it does not allow a user to double book.

As long as you can cancel w/in a reasonable time I don't think it is unfair.

We are also going over Thanksgiving so I guess I better start making rezzies, too.

We are also going over Thanksgiving so I guess I better start making rezzies, too.

You are waaaay more experienced with this than I am. I was a bit surprised that the Wimco concierge was urging us to make reservations in July. I normally wouldn't make reservations this far in advance, but I am making a guess that, with SBC and Tradewind mostly booked on 11/26 (the day we leave), the island is going to be pretty busy. So I decided to put together a list of restaurants we wanted to visit and submitted them to the Wimco concierge to make the reservations for us.

I would like to think that we wouldn't miss any reservations, but you never know what may pop up between now and then.

We are there for two weeks and the second one is usually much quieter than Thanksgiving week. So normally it would be no biggie to us, we would hit the low key, local places week one and then look for the "reservations required" spots after the crowds leave. However this year we are bringing friends (newbies) and there are certain places we definitely want them to experience so based on the advice you received from WIMCO, I'm working on it now.

We are there for two weeks and the second one is usually much quieter than Thanksgiving week. So normally it would be no biggie to us, we would hit the low key, local places week one and then look for the "reservations required" spots after the crowds leave. However this year we are bringing friends (newbies) and there are certain places we definitely want them to experience so based on the advice you received from WIMCO, I'm working on it now.

Bring newbies falls somewhere between pure delight and a second job:wink2:

I make more reservations now than I ever have before, but there is nowhere that I want to go to so badly that I make reservations months ahead of time. Most are made for the same or next day, or maybe a few days earlier for Moules st Santa Fé.

I make more reservations now than I ever have before, but there is nowhere that I want to go to so badly that I make reservations months ahead of time. Most are made for the same or next day.

This is what I told the concierge. Historically we have made a few reservations a week or so in advance and then made the rest that same day through the on island concierge (in the morning). However, there were two somewhat popular places we were looking at on specific days (one of which is the wife's birthday)... add in the fact that I think it's going to be quite busy and rather than being a PITA with the concierge I just decided it was best to fill in the whole schedule.

I'm guessing there are a few places where we could have just walked right into the restaurant without any issue, but at this point, it's all spilt milk under the bridge.

I agree with locking in a heart’s desire for date nights or those special celebratory occasions. Better safe than sorry.

We are here now and have been coming this week every year for the past 15 years or so. Never experienced so many closed restaurants. With the curfew last year we were hoping things would be more open. We will reconsider coming earlier next time. Planning for dining out has consumed way too much of our time. Frustrating.