Thread: Favorite Beach; overall, sand, surf, crowds, shells,running parking and water temp.

SBH Insider Joined: May 2011 Posts: 1,345

Lightbulb Favorite Beach; overall, sand, surf, crowds, shells,running parking and water temp.

My pick is Flamands. Is that better.
    Last edited by Hawke; 08-07-2022 at 05:51 PM. Reason: So someone can sleep tonight.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 56,568

Re: Favorite Beach; overall, sand, surf, crowds, shells,running parking and water tem

Quote Originally Posted by Hawke View Post
    My pick is Flamand.
    https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sho...spell-check%21
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party Memorial -- June 5, 2023

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 45,739

Re: Favorite Beach; overall, sand, surf, crowds, shells,running parking and water tem

Hopper is back?

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by andynap View Post
    Hopper is back?
    Down by the Schoolyard. I know you are, but what am I. I hope that isn't your best.

I know you guys miss your guy. Keep watching. I need to know when I miss an s. Thanks gentlemen.

SBH Insider Joined: Sep 2017 Posts: 1,460

Slow day here too.

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 45,739

Down by the Schoolyard. I know you are, but what am I. I hope that isn't your best.
    Just kidding. Hopper loved quizzes.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 1,259

Geez a wonderful thread hijacked by a spell check. I vote for St. Jean. Wonderful beach. Wonderful memories. Wonderful energy. Water is calm. Often warm enough to walk in instead of diving in. Love standing in the water reading my favorite book. The energy, the people watching and the windsurfing makes for a wonderful day. We rent chairs from Jean Michele and just sit and watch. While we have always traveled to the other marvelous beaches our favorite island has to offer…St. Jean hands down. Your thoughts?

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 8,508

My pick is Flamand[s].
    Last edited by Hawke; 08-07-2022 at 09:51 PM. Reason: So someone can sleep tonight.

sticklers gonna stickle

i vote for our villa pool
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    Last edited by Hawke; 08-07-2022 at 09:51 PM. Reason: So someone can sleep tonight.

sticklers gonna stickle

An avatar can tell you a lot about a person.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,902

Quote Originally Posted by cassidain View Post
    . . . .
    . . . always a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    . . . always a winner!
    And CEC has the best pool of the many we have stayed at. Also Marigot Bay for floating during a full moon. I've been lucky to have experienced it multiple years. Thanks Dennis and no avatar.

And CEC has the best pool of the many we have stayed at. Also Marigot Bay for floating during a full moon. I've been lucky to have experienced it multiple years. Thanks Dennis and no avatar.
    . . . we love that you have found CEC so comfortable, Kent!

I believe we have stayed at 12 villas over the years and besides CEC have only gone back to the same villa twice. And an avatar can tell you a lot about a person. Thankyou Dennis for trying to help us when we were being scammed at a villa rental. I hold Mr. Carlton in the highest esteem.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 29,729

I hold Mr. Carlton in the highest esteem.
    Yes, Dennis is definitely a forum favorite and an asset to our friendly community. I am proud and happy to call this gentleman from Florida and Marigot, a friend.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Yes, Dennis is definitely a forum favorite and an asset to our friendly community. I am proud and happy to call this gentleman from Florida and Marigot, a friend.
    That puts the frosting on the cake when anyone gets an endorsement from amyb and I'm sure Phil.

Cass your avatar is great.

That puts the frosting on the cake when anyone gets an endorsement from amyb and I'm sure Phil.
    What can I say! I know that I'm in great company with each of you . . . and many other Forum friends! Thanks to all for the encouraging responses to my posts (sometimes long!) and for the friendship that is found here.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Ailleurs Posts: 8,508

Mr Dennis
    Fils du Sud - Roi des Fils Verrouillés

If I can't wear my Havaianas, I ain't goin'...ÀMHA

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2003 St. Louis, MO & Washington, DC Posts: 2,397

Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    What can I say! I know that I'm in great company with each of you . . . and many other Forum friends! Thanks to all for the encouraging responses to my posts (sometimes long!) and for the friendship that is found here.
    Hitting the "like" button.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2020 New York City Posts: 30

Colombier. It's worth the hike!

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2012 Florida Posts: 113

Quote Originally Posted by mattdinzey View Post
    Colombier. It's worth the hike!
    It is stunning, maybe the second busiest beach of the island now...

SBH Member Joined: Jun 2005 NC Posts: 273

Quote Originally Posted by Max1030 View Post
    It is stunning, maybe the second busiest beach of the island now...
    Is that because of the sargassum problem on the other beaches?

Good overall and the walk is good exercise.

SBH Member Joined: Apr 2020 Boston Posts: 106

Yes, it is ironic that we hike over to Colombier to get away from it all, yet the last few times we've gone (February) it has been quite busy with people coming and going nonstop by boat and via both walking paths. I expect it varies season to season and day by day. It isn't bad that so many people get to enjoy it and the beach can hold many who are willing to enjoy the serenity together. But, I have been bewildered by the company or club that brings big speakers to blast on the beach which seems to miss the point of the going to an isolated natural paradise in the first place. Oh well....

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 1,259

Quote Originally Posted by Happycamper View Post
    Yes, it is ironic that we hike over to Colombier to get away from it all, yet the last few times we've gone (February) it has been quite busy with people coming and going nonstop by boat and via both walking paths. I expect it varies season to season and day by day. It isn't bad that so many people get to enjoy it and the beach can hold many who are willing to enjoy the serenity together. But, I have been bewildered by the company or club that brings big speakers to blast on the beach which seems to miss the point of the going to an isolated natural paradise in the first place. Oh well....
    I agree. Unfortunately as our paradise beckons masses, we need to search further and inward to realize what a wonderful place St. Barth is. It is still the same in its essence…we just need to
    continue scratching the surface. We just booked May 2023. See you on the beach.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 29,729

Congrats Charlie. Being booked is such a good feeling.
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.