New Contender for Best Burger on the Island

le_reve

Senior Insider
I nominate La Crêperie. First time in over 18 years of coming here that I did not have a crêpe... and it was the best burger I've had on the island for years. House-ground, hand-formed, cooked rare (I like it that way, I am sure they will cook it any way you like) with the perfect soft, brioche bun, cheese and burger sauce. It was pretty close to perfect.

They also have a new menu outside of the crêpe and burger selctions, a new chef, and lots of new and interesting choices, including a duck special and frog legs when we were there last week. If you haven't been in awhile, give it a new try. Service is always charming, and also an affordable option.

An historically favorite stop for us but quite a parking problem anywhere up there.

Glad you were able to put it back on your rotation.

An historically favorite stop for us but quite a parking problem anywhere up there.

Glad you were able to put it back on your rotation.

Yes, parking is always a pain up there. You might have a friend who could pick up/drop you off in a glorified golf cart if you like! :wink2:

Have never noticed the Burger on the menu at Creperie

My vote if for the JoJo Veggie burger! One of the best vegan burgers i have had anywhere!

Ooo… great to hear. It just made the list for trip. Leaving in just over a week. So so excited!

Flies! I just wonder if they ever solved the fly problem? Moderator Emeritus Tim had bad experiences there and he informed my decision to never try the place!

Flies where? Crêperie or Jojo? I can’t imagine that Crêperie would stand for it. It may be harder to control at an open air restaurant like Jojo.

Back from a burger lunch at Rivage. Good sized pattie and tasty buns. All cooked to order and you could have any or all the toppings you wish to select; cheese, pickle, lettuce, tomato and/or onion but bacon not available. The frites came with skins on and were fantastic. This blackboard special was 28 euros.

The structure and decor are unique. The staff, the food, the beverages, and the view all were superb. Rivage is back and Herve is to be congratulated as he adds another restaurant winner to his amazingly successful repertoire.

Love your succinct, rave review, Amy!

Hervé's oeuvre over many years (25?) in the SBH restaurant scene certainly has earned him a spot as an enduring luminary among island dining legends.

Love your succinct, rave review, Amy!

Hervé's oeuvre over many years (25?) in the SBH restaurant scene certainly has earned him a spot as an enduring luminary among island dining legends.

over 30 years to be sure, our wedding reception was at the old Rivage in December 1992... !

On our recent trip the best burgers we had were ones we grilled at our villa and enjoyed our view with a fine bottle of champagne

We concour. Revage is absolutely stunning. We adored it all, from the easy valet to the decor. Service was spot on and the menu did not disappoint.