News of the Day-8/5

andynap

Senior Insider
Local information

THE TERRITORIAL POLICE IS EVOLVING

Part of the territorial police and the 1st Vice-President Hélène Bernier, elected in charge of security. The new majority takes the safety of citizens to heart and works to develop the services concerned, in particular the territorial police. Thus, since the elections:

• A monthly meeting with all the territorial police officers has been set up in order to take stock of the situation, adjust, improve and move the files forward.

• Another monthly meeting is held also between the gendarmerie and the police territorial with the aim of improving coordination of services and the efficiency of their stock.

• A meeting with all the State security bodies, gendarmerie, PAF, customs... was also held recently at the Collectivity in the presence of the prefect of Saint-Martin and Saint-Barthélemy Vincent Berton, always with the aim of improving their action on our territory.

• The training of territorial police officers is another aspect of the evolution of security services. From the start of the school year, sessions will be carried out which will in particular make it possible to finalize the training in carrying weapons. Ditto, in terms of environmental police where until now, only one sworn police officer was authorized to identify all violations of the Environmental Code! To remedy this deficiency, a tailor-made training should soon see the light of day and should concern all the territorial brigadiers.

The police will also be equipped with two 125 cm3 scooters by the end of the year. This will allow him to move and thus act more quickly.

Finally, know that the territorial police are recruiting. If you are interested and would like to apply, just contact the director of the Collectivity's human resources by calling 0590 29 80 34 or by email svce-personnel@comstbarth.fr The Collectivity of Saint Barthélemy is very proud of its police officers and all the work they do throughout the year, very often in the shadows, and thank them warmly.

STEERING COMMITTEE ELECTIONS AND FROM THE BUREAU ASSOCIATED WITH THE CTTSB This Monday, August 1st, the Extraordinary General Assembly of the Territorial Tourism Committee of Saint-Barthélemy (CTTSB) took place at the Hôtel de la Collectivité.

The main agenda concerned the elections of the Steering Committee and the associated bureau. Following the votes, the Steering Committee is made up of twelve members:

Pascale Minarro (President), Alexandra Questel (Vice-president). Mélissa Lake (Vice-president), Olivier Leroy, Maryse Berry (Secretary General), Christèle Baldino, Thomas Wolf-Laval (Treasurer), Nadège Emmanuelian (Vice-Secretary), Dominique Peter, Hélène Guilbaud, Sylvie Aubin and Nicolas Gicquel (Vice -treasurer). The next meeting will make it possible to present the political and tourist orientations for the coming season. SAUR WATER CUT

Colombier - Flamands sector BATIVRD is making every effort to repair it as soon as possible. Back to normal expected Friday late morning (because concrete drying required). Thanks for understanding.

EDF CUT

•Friday August 5, 2022 between 8 am and 11 am in the Lurin district. Sector: The entire site area on the road from the Manoir de Lurin to Santa Fé.

Local information

BEACH VOLLEY 2V2 TOURNAMENT

On Sunday August 7 from 9 a.m., a Beach volleyball tournament will take place on the beach of Lorient. The tournament will be 2v2 and is open to women's, men's and mixed teams.

BEACH TOURNAMENT VOLLEYBALL

Free registration and information until Saturday July 6 at 6 p.m. on 0690 760 273. THE FESTIVITY PROGRAM

WIND LORIENT DISTRICTS

⚫ Friday, August 5, 5 to 6 p.m. Cross registration on the AJOE platform for runners.

5 p.m.: Registration, and Domino Party contest (strong protections

neighborhoods the wind

8-9:30 p.m. Roller Street (recommended)

Roller skating evening traffic out On Friday August 5, 2022, the ROLLER Street party circulation of all vehicles will take place alternately from 7.30 p.m. occasion of a rollerblading evening organized by the "AJOE" association as part of the "Wind Festival".

9:30-10:30 p.m.: Just Dance on a giant screen Food on site: Burger, cotton candy, etc. Musical entertainment by KIKS

Saturday, August 6 On the Plateau de l'Ajoe

8 a.m.: Registration for ping-pong tournaments, table football, giant target...

1:30 p.m.: Registration for the belote contest

1:30 p.m.: Registration for the puck competition -

limited number of places 2 p.m.: Beginning of belote and puck competitions

At St Jean Stadium

2 p.m.: Football Tournament 6 vs 6

Info: 0690 30 95 87

6 p.m. End of registration at
FETE DES QUARTIERS DU VENT

FOOTBALL TOURNAMENT SATURDAY AUGUST 6

Beach Volleyball Tournament

6 p.m. End of registration for the 6 vs. 6

8 p.m.: Musical entertainment on set with groups FREEDOM then KIKS Catering on site: Fricassee of chicken, cabris colombo, chicken soup...

• Sunday August 7

Cross du Vent - 8km Route: Ajoe/Gd-Fond/

U-turn Toiny Chapel / Return to L'Ajoe.

6 a.m.: Departure of the Walkers

6:15 a.m.: Start of the Runners

8:30 a.m.: Mass at Lori Church followed by the procession

Wind Cross

Sunday August 7

• Beach day

9 a.m.: Beach Volleyball tournament in 2v2

11 a.m.: Activities on the beach (escape game, duck fishing, paddle race...)

12 p.m.-3 p.m.: Musical atmosphere by Kiks

12 p.m.: Arrival of the bottom fishing competition "Mémorial Pinpin"

12 p.m.: Wine of honor offered by the Collectivity
and meal offered by Anse Caraibes. Sweet stand by the Caribbean Girls 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.: Musical atmosphere by the group Freedom

6:30 p.m.: Lottery draw

PUBLIC BOATS ON THE BEACH AND VEHICLES PARKED IN THE PARKING

The Youngz association and Saint-barth Musik inform all the owners of the various boats stored on the Public beach and all the vehicles parked in the car park (breakdown, vehicle out of order) that due to the organization of the Carib bean Beach party, which will take place on Saturday August 13 and Sunday August 14, many people will be on the beach and it would be desirable to remove them for this event. We decline all responsibility if these boats and vehicles suffer damage. We hope that you will show understanding to allow this celebration to take place in the best possible conditions.

OUANALAO ENVIRONMENT

Compost for free

Ouanalao Environnement informs its private and professional users of the launch of the "Compost for Free" campaign throughout the month of August during the opening hours of the site from Monday to Friday 6 am to 11.45 am and Saturday 6 am to 10.45 am.

TELEPHONE OF THE GENDARMERIE Administration: 0590 27 11 70. Emergency: 17

Interesting report on Evolution of Territorial Police. I particularly found it interesting to see that “The training of territorial police officers is another aspect of the evolution of security services. From the start of the school year, sessions will be carried out which will in particular make it possible to finalize the training in carrying weapons.“

I have never noticed police on the island — territorial or gendarmes — carrying firearms. I guess they do . . . and it makes sense that they should be trained in using them. Kind of scary, however, to think of them being used on SBH.

Interesting report on Evolution of Territorial Police. I particularly found it interesting to see that “The training of territorial police officers is another aspect of the evolution of security services. From the start of the school year, sessions will be carried out which will in particular make it possible to finalize the training in carrying weapons.“

I have never noticed police on the island — territorial or gendarmes — carrying firearms. I guess they do . . . and it makes sense that they should be trained in using them. Kind of scary, however, to think of them being used on SBH.
Our youngest son is a MA State Police Detective I'm glad he has a firearm.

I’m used to seeing the Gendarmes carry. I’ve also seen them (just once) in full body armor and carrying long guns. I’ve never noticed the Territorials carrying.

Wasn’t there a controversy over whether POLICE was even a French word? I mean this goes back a few years ago under the thread called how Saint Barth has lost her French mojo. :cool:

Please explain the difference(s) between the gendarmerie and police territorial.
931D9E9A-E16A-44FB-9B9C-AAB1F4530EC9.jpeg
6199CBC7-5A1E-47E3-8C16-86487711D85B.jpeg

So.... The Gendamerie is just the location and the Police Territorial are the people. Or are there two "agencies"?

Two separate units. Gendarme are almost like a military branch of service.

The police are local and our own St Barth’s unit.

Two separate units. Gendarme are almost like a military branch of service.

The police are local and our own St Barth’s unit.

The gendarmerie ARE part of the military according to my dueling Wiki!

France has two national police forces:[SUP][1][/SUP]

• The Police nationale, formerly called the "Sûreté", is considered a civilian police force. Its origins date back to 1812 and was created by Eugène François Vidocq. In 1966, its name was officially changed to "Police Nationale".[SUP][1][/SUP] It has primary responsibility for major cities and large urban areas. The Police Nationale are under the control of the Ministry of the Interior; its strength is roughly 150,000.[SUP][1][/SUP]
  • The Gendarmerie nationale is part of the French armed forces. It has the primary responsibility for policing smaller towns and rural areas as well as the armed forces and military installations, airport security and shipping ports. Being a military force, the gendarmerie has a highly centralized organization structure. It is under the control of both the Ministry of Defence and the Ministry of the Interior (as far as its civil duties are concerned).[SUP][1][/SUP] The Gendarmerie's origin dates back to 1306 when King Philippe le Bel (Philip the Fair) formed the first mounted military police force called the "Maréchaussée".[SUP][1][/SUP] Between 1697 and 1699, King Louis XIV asserted his authority over police in France and the Maréchaussée became the formal law enforcement arm of the country.[SUP][1][/SUP] In February 1791, it was renamed gendarmerie nationale by the revolutionary government of France.[SUP][1][/SUP]Today, there are about 105,000 gendarmes in France.[SUP][1][/SUP]

Denise and I thank Dennis of CEC again for offering a stay at Normandie when we rented a three BR villa for three couples. The villa turned out to be two BR. and was a complete mess. We went to the gendarme and they were very helpful. The villa owner fled to France to avoid immediate problems.