Villa choices

jim2

SBH Insider
After not being on the island for 8 years, it appears myself and two good friends will be arriving Nov 29th for 9 nights.
we re looking at two villas. The first is in Flamands area which I know well as Jim and I stayed in that area for 25 years. It is called Rivendell and the cost would be 12,729 plus tax. The other overlooks St Jean and is named
Villa Isia. Price is 8100 plus tax.
Both have great views . Decor in the more expensive one is more chic, but Isia certainly looks nice enough.
Anyone have thoughts on either? Or ideas for another place suitable for 3 people….two bedrooms. We are talking with Wimco as they throw in a free car but have made no commitments as of yet.
Thanks in advance for any help!
Jim

I can't say that I have ever stayed at either of those villas.... but villa Isia is on my list of villas to rent if it's available... at least I think it is. This is what I have as villa Isia:

https://www.wimco.com/villas/villa.aspx?pid=906509

I don't know why, but I really like that villa. When I like a villa I tend to do what I can to find it on Google Earth. Below you will find what I believe is villa Isia.

Isia.jpg

It looks like you have a tough decision ahead of you. Stay with what you know or go out on a limb and try something new. Hopefully this photo will give you an idea on where Isia is and how much privacy you might have.

Good luck.

Thanks for your input. We did choose Isia. From your map photo it certainly looks private enough. Seems a bit higher up than the photos suggested but we are excited and I am sure we all,will be happy with the property.

I can't say that I have ever stayed at either of those villas.... but villa Isia is on my list of villas to rent if it's available... at least I think it is. This is what I have as villa Isia:

https://www.wimco.com/villas/villa.aspx?pid=906509

I don't know why, but I really like that villa. When I like a villa I tend to do what I can to find it on Google Earth. Below you will find what I believe is villa Isia.

View attachment 62616

It looks like you have a tough decision ahead of you. Stay with what you know or go out on a limb and try something new. Hopefully this photo will give you an idea on where Isia is and how much privacy you might have.

Good luck.

It is possible that I have the wrong location, but to me, it seems pretty high up in St Jean.... and I think I have the right spot. It seems pretty private for the area, and I often wonder when someone will eye the surrounding empty property for new construction.

If you could do a villa review after your trip with a few photos that would be great. :D