Day #7

Cwater

Senior Insider
DB5002D4-5253-4721-ACDF-446F8DE3DD23.jpegHalf way through our two weeks. Feels just like home. Day #7

Wind once again. Must be some type of disturbance lurking out in the Caribbean. Late start due to St. Barth lazy. Why hurry? Down to the beach at St. Jean about 9.00. Walked again to the Nikki side and spent wonderful time in the warm water. The wind was less on this part of the beach. Into town for lunch at Le Select while Cheryl started getting her shopping vibe on. I ended up buying more things then my wife today. Go figure. The angus burger at select was much better then I remember from last year. Still do not like the fries. Sitting in the corner watching the world go by. Back to the villa for a change from the morning clothing and spent luxurious time in the pool. Back to the beach for a snooze and left when sand started blowing up my nose. Out to St. Jean to buy more reading glasses. Great deal at the glass place down from Black Swan. Ready for dinner and taking a stroll in the villa pool. My head karate instructor put together a wonderful event. There is a web cam in Gustavia that focuses on the orange boat. She loves that web cam. We live stream karate classes along with live classes for students that can’t make it to the studio. We have 3 70 inch flat screens on the wall where our 6.00 class got to watch the live cam. We set up a time where Cheryl and I danced by the boat while our class at the karate studio in LI watched. It was quite the event. Made reservations at L’Atelier on the upper deck for small portion dinner for next Tuesday. The end of the day found us at Tamarin. A must visit and must go. The food and service marvelous. And of course the ambiance. Hugs from the manager. Now at the villa going for a walk off dinner in the pool. Sleep well St. Barth friends.
97E570B3-9361-410B-A544-49578B301D27.jpeg

Wind once again. Must be some type of disturbance lurking out in the Caribbean. ]

There is rain expected on Saturday, enough so that the annual Festival in Anse des Cayes and Anse des Lizards has been pushed out from 7/2 until 7/9. Today doesn't look so great either.

My head karate instructor put together a wonderful event. There is a web cam in Gustavia that focuses on the orange boat. She loves that web cam. ]

The orange boat is the Capitaine Danet, SNS-269, the local all-volunteer sea rescue boat. It is part of the Société Nationale de Sauvetage en Mer, the National Sea Rescue Societe. It is destined to move across the harbor, to a location on Rockefeller Wharf. You can see the construction happening there, on the same webcam. Rockefeller wharf will also be the new location for the Fish Market when construction is complete.

If you are at the street market on Sunday, look for a table operated by the local SNSM team. If there, they will be selling SNSM gear to support the organization.

There is rain expected on Saturday, enough so that the annual Festival in Anse des Cayes and Anse des Lizards has been pushed out from 7/1 until 7/8. Today doesn't look so great either.
that apparently would be invest #2
two_atl_2d0.png
2. Western Tropical Atlantic:
A tropical wave located a few hundred miles east of the Windward
Islands is producing disorganized showers and thunderstorms. Any
development of this system should be slow to occur while the wave
moves west-northwestward during the next day or two. The wave is
forecast to move over the Windward Islands today and then over the
eastern Caribbean Sea by the weekend, where further development is
unlikely due to unfavorable environmental conditions.
* Formation chance through 48 hours...low...10 percent.
* Formation chance through 5 days...low...10 percent.

There is rain expected on Saturday, enough so that the annual Festival in Anse des Cayes and Anse des Lizards has been pushed out from 7/1 until 7/8. Today doesn't look so great either.

if anyone is looking for this local neighborhood fair, the new date is Saturday July 9 (was originally for Saturday 7/2 but as Kevin noted, we are expecting rain...
fingers crossed, we really need it..

if anyone is looking for this local neighborhood fair, the new date is Saturday July 9 (was originally for Saturday 7/2 but as Kevin noted, we are expecting rain...
fingers crossed, we really need it..

Thanks for the date correction. Apparently I still have trouble remembering which day of the week today is, lol.

Lasted less than a half hour up here. Need more rain. The bushes are almost bare of leaves.

Colombier weather report checking in. Dry, dry, dry and actually one of the least windy days we have had... Was actually looking forward to a lazy rainy day.. Fingers crossed, as the island needs a good downpour.