Day #6

Cwater

Senior Insider
Making the best of things. Day #6 started windy however we are in St. Barth so who cares! Dropped our beach stuff off by Waterways and off to the Nikki Beach part of St. Jean for exercise & stretching both in and out of the water. We walk back and the wind is really starting to kick up. I leave Cheryl to go get breakfast and when I return the wind is really howling, the rain is sheeting down and Cheryl is hunkered down with Luka. We decide not to stay. The wind was whipping sand in our eyes. In the old days when Emaraude Plage was still here we would stand under the beach umbrella and wait out the storm. Not the old beach umbrellas that were falling apart but the new ones made out of wood and dug into the ground. We went shopping and headed back to the villa with a panini from Le Piment. Had a wonderful day sunning, swimming, sleeping and getting ready to enjoy Pappilon Livre. Got there and they were closed. Looked at my notes and I screwed up. I should have gone there on Tuesday. Apologies. Ended up at Grande de Sel and the food was simply amazing. Going back there on Friday. Sleep well St. Barth friends.

Great recovery! And Eddy, chef / proprietor of Grain de Sel, has a been a friend of many years — going back to his days as a chef at Maya’s.

Speaking of which, I think that it was a year ago this date that the restaurant closed. A stellar, sad, & never to be forgotten evening.
0B3CAFDD-9A59-4896-A759-CE417EB79328.jpg
F7386747-5171-452B-86EA-634A2CF28B3D.jpg
6FF88E57-1F35-46CB-AF30-9007992C716D.jpg
E3CF2C27-C627-4CE5-84E0-66CD65318D84.jpg
B356072C-19A8-4092-823E-1C6A5FD4004E.jpg

Quite a night to remember!

We are actually going to Grain de Sel this evening, the chef, Eddy, as mentioned by CEC1 is the real deal when it comes to Creole food...

I learned it by thinking Grain of Salt…Saline and the salt pond. Ergo Grain de Sel. Hope that spelling trick helps others.

Great pics Dennis and thanks for sharing. Many happy moments at Maya’s. Use to be our first and last night. By they way we are dining at Grand De Sel once again on Friday. Most amazing food…

Great pics Dennis and thanks for sharing. Many happy moments at Maya’s. Use to be our first and last night. By they way we are dining at Grand De Sel once again on Friday. Most amazing food…

Enjoy . . . and my best hugs to Eddy!