Passport renewal and Global Entry

24loar

SBH Insider
My wife and I are set up to return to SBH in November for our tenth visit since 1998. We will be using Tradewind for the SJU-SBH and return legs. Our passports were to expire in October, so we have renewed them (only took 3 weeks with expedited fee). We also have Global Entry, with several years left. I went online to the TTP (Trusted Travel Partner) site and updated our info including the new passport and driver's license numbers. When we obtained the GE documents a few years ago we were told that we would have to take our new passports to a GE interview site (2+ hours away), and have them scanned in order to synchronize them with the GE data. Is this still necessary?
The TTP/GE website utilizes the login.gov system, which makes me think that I have already 'synched up' my new passport number with the GE account. Or am I expecting too much? And yes, I know the old line about Ass-u-me.
Thanks

I think you are fine by just changing the passport numbers online. There are no GE documents used in air arrivals (only land crossings) and it is triggered by your passport number. Pretty sure I did this a few years back for my wife’s passport and GE.

My wife and I are set up to return to SBH in November for our tenth visit since 1998. We will be using Tradewind for the SJU-SBH and return legs. Our passports were to expire in October, so we have renewed them (only took 3 weeks with expedited fee). We also have Global Entry, with several years left. I went online to the TTP (Trusted Travel Partner) site and updated our info including the new passport and driver's license numbers. When we obtained the GE documents a few years ago we were told that we would have to take our new passports to a GE interview site (2+ hours away), and have them scanned in order to synchronize them with the GE data. Is this still necessary?
The TTP/GE website utilizes the login.gov system, which makes me think that I have already 'synched up' my new passport number with the GE account. Or am I expecting too much? And yes, I know the old line about Ass-u-me.
Thanks
I have renewed my passport and my global entry within the last 18 months and did not need to sync anything.

I've traveled internationally 3 times since and used it successfully.