Day #3 C&C

Cwater

Senior Insider
Day #3. Vibe is different this time due to our vacation extension from 1 week to 2. Normally we rush to get everything in. LIGNE St. Barth, beach, shopping, pharmacy, grocery’s, and walking different beaches in the morning before hanging at the beach at St. Jean. Over organized to have a relaxing time. This time however, wake up, hang at the villa & find a level of relaxation and happiness that we seem to experience only here. This time I just need to pinch myself that we are here once again. Dreaming of St. Barth year around and getting to experience it once again. Pandemic, climate change, the craziness happening is the states all the tension. Yet all tension melts away in my happy place.

Today breakfast at the villa, lunch at L’l Rock and now getting ready for dinner at Le Repaire. One experience that got us totally in the St. Barth vibe happened during lunch. The couple sitting next to us happened to order the same lunch that we did. We introduced ourselves and Pam & Tom were here for the first time for a short five days stayin gat Chevalier Blanc. Asking us if there was anything they missed and needed to do before going back to Jersey. When I talk about St. Barth it is hard to shut me up. Revisiting placing to go and seeing the joy through someone else’s eyes was amazing. Just knowing that they are dining at Tameran tonight was wonderful. One of the most beautiful settings for a restaurant anywhere in the world. Just got off the phone with Phil & Amy and we look forward to getting together and reminiscing. We are meeting them for lunch at Sereno which happens to be the place Cheryl & I honeymooned here in 1987.

7.00 dinner at Le Repaire was amazing as always. Unfortunately we were so stuffed did not have room for profiteroles. Will go back next Sunday.

Keep up the great reports! We've been back a month and are already planning the details for our trip in November. We have never been to Le Repaire....that may change in November. Looking forward to more daily entries!

I hope that you enjoyed Le Sereno . . . it's within walking distance of our Villa & -- in part, as a result -- one of my favorite places on the island (not to mention great food & service)!

Agree on how extending the trip makes such a difference. We started with 1 week, then 10 days...and are now doing 2 weeks as well. In the end we probably did LESS in 2 weeks than we did in 1 but had so much relaxing.
This November we are bringing newbie friends for week 1. I am guessing we will be busy and week 2 will be recuperating.

Thanks for the posts...I just LOVE trip reports!!

I hope that you enjoyed Le Sereno . . . it's within walking distance of our Villa & -- in part, as a result -- one of my favorite places on the island (not to mention great food & service)!
Amazing experience. Your name was mentioned as Phil, Amy, Cheryl & I chatted. Everyone likes you! We honeymooned there. Enjoyed the lunch so much returning next Thursday for lunch our last day before we travel back to the US

Agree on how extending the trip makes such a difference. We started with 1 week, then 10 days...and are now doing 2 weeks as well. In the end we probably did LESS in 2 weeks than we did in 1 but had so much relaxing.
This November we are bringing newbie friends for week 1. I am guessing we will be busy and week 2 will be recuperating.
Thanks for the posts...I just LOVE trip reports!!
Our decision became ever better today. The windiest wind on the beach at St. Jean got us in the car at 11.30 am after we cancelled Lil Rock reservations. Normally if this was my 6th full day and we were traveling back on the 8th, I would be going ***sht. As it is back at the villa. A sandwich from La Piment, leftover pizza from Bagatelle and can’t find the leftover chicken wings from Bar Oblier. See you on the beach

Amazing experience. Your name was mentioned as Phil, Amy, Cheryl & I chatted. Everyone likes you! We honeymooned there. Enjoyed the lunch so much returning next Thursday for lunch our last day before we travel back to the US

Thanks for including me “in spirit!” Wishing that I could have been there with this group!