Day 1 C&C

Cwater

Senior Insider
St. Barth 06.24.22

Oy. Our Uber driver overslept for a 7.00 am pick up in Long Island. Crickets. Did not answer text or knocking on his door. He happens to be our next door neighbor here on the North Shore of LI. Had a successful chain of pizza places in NYC then all landlords raised rent precipitously. Out of business. Driving an Uber. Finally called for another Uber. Now we get picked up at 7.28 am for the Jet Blue flight that got moved from 9.50 to 10.15. Arriving 2.15. Have a connecting flight to SMX at 3.00.Oy. Come on St. Barth Commuter…do your stuff. Let the vibes of my happy place start washing over me.

We leave JFK one hour late and arrive SMX 2.28 for a 3.00 flight. Cheryl & I discuss…the worst case scenario is we spend a night in St. Martaan and hopefully get on a flight Saturday. Well…Everyone at Jet Blue and SBC were incredible. We jumped on the commuter bus and Francais meets us as we walk into the terminal. Looks at our documentation as well as vacs cards whisks us through immigration. Let’s us know that he can’t get our two check ins bags on the flight however they will be at the terminal in SBH @ 5.30. Literally we land 2.28 and are sitting on SBC flight at 3.19!!!! They held the flight for us. Wow! Rented our car from Top Loc changed into bathing suits at Villa Acajous, met Jean Michele next to Pearl and rented umbrella and beach chairs for the next 13 days. Went shopping at the U by the airport, went to the gather our luggage which was sitting there in plain view at check in. Getting ready for our traditional first night at Eddy’s. I hope I do not fall asleep over Beouf morales.

Just finished Eddys and the food was amazing. Service a bit slow however a great first night experience. Drove around Gustavia and its hopping. We are toast from the day. However where better to recoup? See you on the beach.

A long day indeed, but you’re in your happy place now! Looking forward to your forthcoming Island reporting!!

Enjoy and welcome back!