Saline gate

pks

SBH Insider
Returning next month after a 2 year hiatus. For the last fourteen years we have visited the gate on the saline path was sometimes open or a gapping hole was present and allowed easy passage to the far end of saline with chairs etc. without having to climb the hill. Anyone who has recently gone to saline, is this still the same situation? thanks

The Coral Restoration group has been actively planting native plants in that area and asks that people use the main access.

40B3F58A-770A-4422-873C-7CEFA55CB248.jpeg

We were there in April...you can’t sneak through that gate anymore, no more hole.
We took the hill path which seems to get steeper every year, or we are just getting older.

Returning next month after a 2 year hiatus. For the last fourteen years we have visited the gate on the saline path was sometimes open or a gapping hole was present and allowed easy passage to the far end of saline with chairs etc. without having to climb the hill. Anyone who has recently gone to saline, is this still the same situation? thanks

What JEK said plus it is a private property..

What JEK said plus it is a private property..

And Didier reminded us of that in his FB post! Respecting private property seems to be at an all time low with hike descriptions going through locked gates and the like.

Capture d’écran 2022-06-18 à 7.29.55 AM.jpg

is this the "far end" we're talking about ? where is the path thru private property? what is the allure of this little patch of plage ? more privacy for au naturel sunbathing ?

View attachment 62427

is this the "far end" we're talking about ? where is the path thru private property? what is the allure of this little patch of plage ? more privacy for au naturel sunbathing ?

I could be incorrect, Cass, but I always understood “the far end” to mean the opposite end from your pinpoint . . . called the far end because for anyone walking over the hill, the subject FAR END is a “hike” from entry onto the beach. The “path through private property” references the road that you see that terminates at that end of the beach . . . access to this toad / path is (generally) blocked by a fence & gate at the point where the path from the parking lot turns to head over the hill to the beach.

I could be incorrect, Cass, but I always understood “the far end” to mean the opposite end from your pinpoint . . . called the far end because for anyone walking over the hill, the subject FAR END is a “hike” from entry onto the beach. The “path through private property” references the road that you see that terminates at that end of the beach . . . access to this toad / path is (generally) blocked by a fence & gate at the point where the path from the parking lot turns to head over the hill to the beach.
100% correct Dennis.

Merci bien, Mr Dennis !

I'm curious what the "et bien plus" includes precisely in the saline beach tag "plage de sable isolée, baignade, et bien plus" :eek:

We've all heard stories :cool:

Merci bien, Mr Dennis !

I'm curious what the "et bien plus" includes precisely in the saline beach tag "plage de sable isolée, baignade, et bien plus" :eek:

We've all heard stories :cool:

Ha ha! I've got pictures! Nonetheless, what happens in St. Barths stays in St. Barths!