What do they charge for long term parking?

bkeats

Senior Insider
I forgot to post this picture last week. After I parked in the pay lot my wife waved me to her side of the car. There were several crabs on the ground between the lot and the quay. I managed to take a picture of this one as the others went down their burrows. Crazy to think these crabs had made a little colony on about 3 square feet of dirt surrounded by pavement.

15B0E603-A9CC-4D3A-9FEB-831E3F572A7E.jpeg

They look like baby land crabs (clearly that’s not the correct species name is, just what I call them). I’ve seen them around several villas we have rented over the years and can get quite large. Odd place for them to dwell, for sure.

We saw something on the villa driveway that was a tennis ball size and shape with legs coming out of it. It was grey. Any idea what that was? It was ugly and creeeepy! It didn’t look like a shell- wasn’t a shell shape anyway. Very round.

Actually these are land crabs that the locals love to corner for Easter treats. Hermits are the ones that inhabit castoff shells.

Then this guy may have escaped his cage. I have actually observed them caged in local gardens.

We saw something on the villa driveway that was a tennis ball size and shape with legs coming out of it. It was grey. Any idea what that was? It was ugly and creeeepy! It didn’t look like a shell- wasn’t a shell shape anyway. Very round.

hermit crab....

Like this one? A medium size one that wasn’t too happy with me. There were some quite larger.

C2106561-E4D7-4553-9F7B-A30E92548A2D.jpeg