It's finally over. Open up the floodgates...

You are being exposed every second of your life. Same way it was when people were just transmitting good ole fashion colds to others. And i hate to break it to you, but nearly every person on the planet would jump on the plane if they thought they might have Covid (including you) as opposed to extending their trip another week or two, risk job loss and thousands of dollars. And your post prior to the last one is so off base, not a single person was hesitant to travel because of the testing process, it was 100% the potential of having to get stuck somewhere for a long period of time.

I wouldn't "jump on a plane" if I knew I had COVID. But, I'm not a selfish asshat, either.

Le Reve: If you were on your final day of the trip, your throat started hurting and you had a little exhaustion & fever, will you pledge today that you will run down to the pharmacy so that you can set your mind to ease, that you will protect your fellow seat mate on the following day's flight back to Chicago? And at that point, voluntarily fork over another $15,000 to Wimco. Get real...

Diehard traveler's will do anything. Those who read this board are diehard travelers. Also, SB is a small place and that last example one would use when discussing restrictions back to the USA having an impact. If you think places like Italy, France, UK, etc., won't see huge spikes in travel going forward, you are mistaken.
None of my travel was to St Barths.

Mexico X3
Turks & Caicos

All packed flights, hotels restos, etc. Easy breezy navigating the onerous preflight testing.

Again, very happy the testing has been lifted.

Le Reve: If you were on your final day of the trip, your throat started hurting and you had a little exhaustion & fever, will you pledge today that you will run down to the pharmacy so that you can set your mind to ease, that you will protect your fellow seat mate on the following day's flight back to Chicago? And at that point, voluntarily fork over another $15,000 to Wimco. Get real...

I stand by what I said, and I meant it.

Not to mention that it is easy to avoid the whole forking over $15,000 to Wimco as you can by trip insurance for around $100 that would cover your lodging and related expenses regarding a COVID-related quarantine.

Not to mention that it is easy to avoid the whole forking over $15,000 to Wimco as you can by trip insurance for around $100 that would cover your lodging and related expenses regarding a COVID-related quarantine.

This is not what they provide, they provide for what you have booked, not future stays due to Covid. There is a cap in all of those plans...

Not true. You are required to have this type of insurance to enter the BVIs, where I am heading next week. The policy must cover your lodging and related expenses due to having to stay on-island due to a positive COVID quarantine situation. There is a cap, but you pay a little more for a larger cap. YMMV.

This is not what they provide, they provide for what you have booked, not future stays due to Covid. There is a cap in all of those plans...

i’m incredulous that a $100 premium would pay a $15,000 claim in those circumstances. I’d have to see fine print to believe that.

If you think this will open the floodgates, you clearly haven’t been here. The gates have been open for a while and the island is already flooded. While some may be too risk averse to travel because of testing regimes, plenty have been doing it. There is no lack of visitors on the island. I’ve been here for two weeks and getting ready to go back and slightly annoyed that I still have to test to leave as the testing requirement ends midnight Sunday.

I know someone who ended up testing positive while here and yes they had to extend their stay. Call it a forced extended work remote situation. Didn’t cost $15 grand either. I doubt most of the people coming spend that much during their vacation in accommodations.

I’ve also flown several times during Covid. In the early days I was one of maybe 10-15 people on the plane. Since the beginning of 2022, every plane I’ve been on has been almost completely full. So I don’t think this rule change is going to change much.

The overwhelming majority of very good trip insurance policies have nothing of this sort. They aren't footing your nightly bill for an Eden Roc villa that you were just about to check out of and whatever else you need for a week to two weeks...

The overwhelming majority of very good trip insurance policies have nothing of this sort. They aren't footing your nightly bill for an Eden Roc villa that you were just about to check out of and whatever else you need for a week to two weeks...
Did you not see my post up above?