Lots of seaweed right now. When do they clean it up? (Gouvenour's)

amsmulko

SBH Insider
I wasn't able to swim at Gouvenour's and Saline the last few days because of the amount of seaweed in both the water and on the beach. Any idea how often they clean it up or when?

Thanks!!!

We were there this week and I discovered that side of the island had a lot more than St. Jean, Flamands, Columbier - at least that was our experience Wed thru Sunday. I never actually observed cleanup other than seeing a truck full hauling it somewhere.

We watched prompt and continuous raking and clearing while lunching at AMORE at Sereno. A tough battle being fought on the beaches.

We just trekked out to Saline to turn around and go back. Full of it. The water does not even look like Saline. Having lunch at Grain de Sel.

The beaches on the south side have been bad since the weekend. But Flamands was beautiful today. A little windy but the surf was not so bad. I could see a line of weed offshore but it wasn’t heading to the beach.

90DA4EB2-A4EE-4818-8F37-FCC9EE2FEF9C.jpeg

The weed seems to be going away. This morning there was weed in the corner by the entrance to Gouverneur, but the western end was in decent shape.

65EA1583-B97D-4C99-884E-A7DF895D1617.jpeg

9BF5EC23-674E-4AB0-86D3-7C9C8BDA47CE.jpeg

I know sargassum is a challenge. However, when Cheryl & I are in our happy place, we are in our happy place. We can handle anything. We just went through years of a pandemic. See you on the beach

Had a wonderful lunch and beach/pool day at Cheval Blanc in Flamands today! But beware the waves- lost my new LV sunglasses. ��

Flamands eats a lot of sunglasses and then sometimes coughs them back up. On one trip my sister in law got knocked down and lost her glasses. The next year I was swimming along and looked down and saw a very nice pair of gold foster grant aviator glasses rolling around that I just reached down to the bottom and picked up. No idea how long those had been there. No one I asked had lost them.

Just a warning about Flamands— Vincent said it’s dangerous right now- “razor waves” and we’re lucky the sunglasses are all that got taken. That tall wave came out of nowhere after 15 minutes of mild ones.