Santa Fe question??

mattdinzey

SBH Member
Hello all,

On a St. B. Facebook page, there was a question about Santa Fe in the old days. Does anyone here remember the name of the local family that ran it? I think they had another restaurant in Gustavia called "Chez Joe".

Thanks,
Matt

The family name is Querrard. You can find some history of Santa Fé in this thread: https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/showthread.php/103372

My fuzzy recollection, quite possibly wrong, is that Chez Joe was started by Joe Felix.

Damn that was quick!!! You're right about Chez Joe, Joe Felix had another place in Corrosol.
I knew some of the Querrards... Gilles Querrard was the Police Chief for a long time- I knew him and his parents.

Hello all,

On a St. B. Facebook page, there was a question about Santa Fe in the old days. Does anyone here remember the name of the local family that ran it? I think they had another restaurant in Gustavia called "Chez Joe".

Thanks,
Matt

The restaurant in town, Chez Joe, was run by Joe Felix, who also had the restaurant at the airport until recently. He also once had a restaurant by the beach in Corossol with a few hotel rooms...

The family that owns the Santa Fe building is that of Josephine and Claude Querrard, (he has passed away but she still lives next door to the restaurant, and leases it out).

St Barth trivia: Joe Felix and Josephine Querrard are brother and sister

I don't recall the source of this photo, but that would be Chez Joe in Corossol, on the upper floor.

Chez Joe Corossol.jpg

great photo, love the jaunty red and white umbrellas on the beach...

trivia question.. what was the name of the other restaurant in Corossol into the 90s and who owned it?

No guesses? Come on someone must have a clue. I don’t have one for sure. I only got to the island for the first time in 1994 so have very little recollection of the place before the 21st century. I would love to learn more about the history of the island.

I don’t remember anything about another restaurant in Corossol, other than Au Regal.

Here’s another photo of Chez Joe, and I still don’t recall the source.

F0771C96-ED1D-4658-9666-97874D387A18.jpeg

The other one was called La Vieille France and it was owned by the same man who had the Shell Museum in Corossol - Mr. Ingenu Magras - along the waterfront but left at the beach rather than right toward Chez Joe.

(note to CEC1- Elise's father, maybe she has a photo).

There was another restaurant near Corossol on the big hill heading up toward Colombier called La Maison Blanche, but that has also been gone for over 25 years.

I remember La Maison Blanche, but my impression is that it didn’t last for long. I also have a vague impression that the former Maison Blanche location is where you can now find Gigi and her Chez Ginette rhums.

I remember La Maison Blanche, but my impression is that it didn’t last for long. I also have a vague impression that the former Maison Blanche location is where you can now find Gigi and her Chez Ginette rhums.

same road but not the same spot, there is a private home where La Maison Blanche was once located....

The restaurant in town, Chez Joe, was run by Joe Felix, who also had the restaurant at the airport until recently. He also once had a restaurant by the beach in Corossol with a few hotel rooms...

The family that owns the Santa Fe building is that of Josephine and Claude Querrard, (he has passed away but she still lives next door to the restaurant, and leases it out).

St Barth trivia: Joe Felix and Josephine Querrard are brother and sister

And the Querrard daughters, Lisette and Marilyn, own Maison des Plants, just down the road from the Santa Fe. Their brother, Robert, had a night club next door called "Feelings" that did not last very long.

And the Querrard daughters, Lisette and Marilyn, own Maison des Plants, just down the road from the Santa Fe. Their brother, Robert, had a night club next door called "Feelings" that did not last very long.

Lisette and Marilyn are sisters to Serge, and he had the nightclub. Robert is their cousin, not their brother.

Jim still talks about how cold the beer was at Chez Joe in Gustavia. If I recall in was kept in a Coca Cola trunk. A big box on the floor. We had one at my parents Rexall drug store soda fountain.

Aside.Eve, I just had a delightful flashback to my childhood neighborhood Rexall’s soda fountain. Thanks for the little trip! Good memories.

Cheryl & I went to Feelings years ago!

The other one was called La Vieille France and it was owned by the same man who had the Shell Museum in Corossol - Mr. Ingenu Magras - along the waterfront but left at the beach rather than right toward Chez Joe.

(note to CEC1- Elise's father, maybe she has a photo).

There was another restaurant near Corossol on the big hill heading up toward Colombier called La Maison Blanche, but that has also been gone for over 25 years.

does anyone remember the Shell Shop in Gustavia? It was near Eddie’s Ghetto. It was there in the early 80’s. He was an American that came in on a boat and never left. I think Ohio.
he probably gave his collection to the museum

Yes! I remember him. I recall buying some jewelry—earrings, necklace or bracelet made of shells. He loved to talk. Everything in the store had a story! Talk about passion. His tiny shop was a standalone building on the corner, I think.

Yes! I remember him. I recall buying some jewelry—earrings, necklace or bracelet made of shells. He loved to talk. Everything in the store had a story! Talk about passion. His tiny shop was a standalone building on the corner, I think.
I THINK his name was Art, but I can't recall his last name. A guy my folks knew ran it for a while, too. His name was Ed Barbeau.