Day 4

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
Sunny day and starry night

Day started early as the sun's glow started appearing above the waterline around somewhat after five. Figured we could take a few pictures and head back to bed, but for the sun to clear the rocks took a good part of the hour. Early trip to the Super U for a few things, plus scoping out menu options for our dinner guests Wednesday night. Back in the villa, breakfast was a very perdue pain perdue, which ended up being just strawberries and vanilla yoghurt. With the maid's arrival established at just after noon, we enjoyed hanging out by the pool until shortly before at which time Lynn prepared ham and cheese on fresh Choisy baguettes while I set up our travel "portabrella". A Minuty was opened and we enjoyed a relaxing lunch on the beach. A walk down to the Cheval Blanc and back and the maid was finished. The rest of the afternoon was then spent floating and sipping the other Minuty. A short nap inside and we showered and dressed for dinner with Jean-Claude.

Took the back roads into Saline (turning by the fire station rather than going through St Jean). Amazing view as one tops the hill and sees all that blackness stretching out in front of you and a sky full of stars. We were warmly greeted by "tof" who remembered us from last year (amazing how that repeats itself at Esprit, Orega, Maya's, etc....) Must say that the garden in the middle and perimeter gets more beautiful each year. In among the palms, Ti plants and bird of paradises, various creatures were chirping and croaking which made the perfect ambiance for the best Jean-Claude meal we have ever had.

Aperitif's were a more subtle French 75 than Fouquet's for Lynn and a Tí punch vieux for me. Able to get the major Rhums back home I was pleased to find Reimonenq from Guadeloupe. As I finally have seen the light, this one was again "sans glaçons". Lot's of good choices for "les entrées", but Lynn decides on the "Salade de chèvre frais" with apple and watermelon. Goat cheese is almost burata-like and under the greens. She is in heaven. I had the "Tartare de Thon au Yuzu, sorbet Pomme". A surprise was JC sneaking in a little bit of smoked Mahi-mahi. Wow! For les Plats I had the "Pavé de Thon" and Lynn the "Saint Jacques Rossini". You know a spell has been cast when Lynn orders not just seafood, but seafood topped by seared foie gras. For Le Dessert, we usually order "boules", but decided to share the "Tarte Soufflée Chocolat" and "Baba au Rhum, Passion et Coco". Both very good, but I always find passion fruit in even the correct amount still a bit overpowering, so I had a bit more of the chocolate. The restaurant was quite full, but never frenzied nor loud enough to rise above the garden creature's song, nor the always present "Clap-clap".

Day4-1.jpg
Day4-2.jpg
Day4-3.jpg
Day4-4.jpg
Day4-5.jpg
Day4-6.jpg
Day4-7.jpg
Day4-8.jpg
Day4-9.jpg