Day 2

PeterLynn

Senior Insider
(Mostly) Villa day!

Spent the morning with a former architecture (exchange) student of mine who works on the island. Wonderful breakfast at Joël Robuchon's to go catching up with all things personal and architectural. A surprise "bonjour" from Wilfred, formally of Maya's. Said that "Mr Fiona" (the cat) is still in residence. Some things never change.

Back to villa by noon at which time the floats were unpacked, inflated and tossed in the pool. The ceremonial first Clos Beylesse was opened, which signifies the formal beginning of "les vacanes". Such beautiful weather then necessitated a Minuty a few hours later. No sunset to speak of today, although friends texted a picture from Vitet to prove otherwise, and it was then time to fire up the grill for entrecôtes. The wine was a nice bourgogne picked up at the Super U. The rest of the evening was spent reconnecting with each other, over a few squares of Lindt chocolate and the remaining wine. Ahhh...

Day2-1.jpg
Day2-2.jpg

Looking very “chill!” For a fun experience at Marché U, chat with the butcher . . . a great guy!9B347AE0-A746-485B-98A5-4E27A2D0FD78.jpg

Attachments

• 5594DBB2-265D-4817-BF03-B9BD7252D78D.jpg
    5594DBB2-265D-4817-BF03-B9BD7252D78D.jpg
    258.3 KB · Views: 245
That’s what it’s all about…disconnecting and re-engaging. Enjoy you two!!

Waiting for the Veuve bottle countdown to begin…just sayin’!!

;)

It's good to see the foliage around Do Dragon is starting to grow back up. I hope to get back there again some day.

PeterLynn, Bouchard Pere & Fils in past has had a nice Beaujolais Nouveau that we've had when on the island during the right time period...if you can find it. I look at a saved label every day with high kicking Can Can girl on the label. Can't get in US as far as I know. How was the red you had in picture ?

Good. We bought a second. Found it at the Super U. I actually have the receipts on my desk and it looks like it was 42 euros.