Nice article

Great read. I am curious about this blurb....

The end of the hike takes you through a mysteriously abandoned luxury home development, though in true St. Bart’s style, nobody can tell you what it is or why it’s there.

I have never heard of this before... anyone have more information?

The end of the hike takes you through a mysteriously abandoned luxury home development, though in true St. Bart’s style, nobody can tell you what it is or why it’s there.

The only thing that comes to mind is some old foundations on the very top of the high hill above Le Toiny.

I believe that it’s referring to a couple (two, I recall) of abandoned homes that are found just after the gate, at end of the road that goes past entrance into Hotel Le Toiny. The homes were very badly damaged by “Irma” (though, look repairable) and are, I understand, tied-up in a dispute among family members of a late, prominent SBH landowner. The “gate” to which I refer apparently is only intended to block vehicular traffic . . . i.e., there’s a well-worn footpath around it, yielding access to the route described in the article.

The gate blocks the former vehicular road to the “dump’” and to St Barth’s “second airport”. If you’ve been up there, you know. If you haven’t, you don’t.