Thread: Correct Forum?

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 7,770

Correct Forum?

It isn’t exactly “St Barts restaurant reviews, favorite dishes, chefs, island dining advice” . . . but I’ve spent too much time anguishing over the answer!

A post to report on a simple, great evening! Sunset cocktails & hors d’oeuvre with close friends at Fouquet’s of Hôtel Barrière Le Carl Gustaf . . . followed by a solo Villa dinner of leftover pasta in tomato, basil, & meat sauce, with a fresh garden salad & a few glasses of a fantastic 2012 “Grand Vin de Bordeaux,” 100% Merlot. With lemon & strawberry sorbets . . . binge watching “Grace & Frankie” . . . I was in a special St. Barths evening!Name:  79472A55-79A4-4A30-8518-3EA95119A12E.jpg
Views: 283
Size:  541.0 KB

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2002 Philadelphia Posts: 45,611

Re: Correct Forum?

Very nice.

Andy

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 29,492

Dennis, you assembled a lovely dinner plate. Looks like you got to ‘wash it down” nicely too.

Bravo!
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Dennis, you assembled a lovely dinner plate. Looks like you got to ‘wash it down” nicely too.

Bravo!
    thanks, Amy . . . a beautiful, relaxed evening!

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2016 Long Island Posts: 1,161

Longing for simpler times. Thanks for posting

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 18,102

Simply elegant, Dennis!

I’m sad that my pals, Grace & Frankie, won’t be providing me giggles any longer. I have thoroughly enjoyed their shenanigans over the years.
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 2,353

Very nice, Dennis! I like the way you roll! I am a huge fan Grace & Frankie. Jane and Lily are an awesome combination. The series will be missed big time.

Quote Originally Posted by GMP62 View Post
    Very nice, Dennis! I like the way you roll! I am a huge fan Grace & Frankie. Jane and Lily are an awesome combination. The series will be missed big time.
    Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)

Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)
    Oh, I just ADORE your stories, Dennis! Especially when toes are in the warm St Barth sand and chilled Rosè is flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by GramChop View Post
    Oh, I just ADORE your stories, Dennis! Especially when toes are in the warm St Barth sand and chilled Rosè is flowing.
    . . . and so many of those times are great stories! Thank you, Missy, for being an “enabler!”

Quote Originally Posted by cec1 View Post
    . . . and so many of those times are great stories! Thank you, Missy, for being an “enabler!”
    PITA and Enabler, two jobs I take VERY seriously, Monsieur.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 29,492

Dennis, add me to your enabler list. I am a fan!
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Insider Joined: Jun 2007 New Jersey Posts: 543

Quote Originally Posted by amyb View Post
    Dennis, add me to your enabler list. I am a fan!
    +1
    Enjoying St Barth since 1998

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2015 Martinsville, NJ Posts: 2,353

[QUOTE=cec1;1063284]Merci . . . in the midst of nearly a month of “gourmandizing,” home-spun reality is important. And, YES! I’ll miss spending time with Jane & Lily! (Sometime when we’re together, I’ll share more of my story of an August night at Maya’s — many years ago — where I, alone, was seated next to Jane & her possee . . . until they insisted that I join them (only male at the table). There were no other patrons in the restaurant. Needless to say, quite an experience . . . and, incidentally, a great memory.)[/

Gary and I shall look very forward to hearing more about your dinner encounter with Jane and her entourage! I can only imagine the interesting evening which was had by all. Your story telling is always a real joy to read and take in. Keep it up!