Goodbye for this year

JoR

SBH Insider
Gorgeous final afternoon at Petite Anse as the sargasse retreated to the far shore, the sea was clear and 2 turtles joined me snorleking the bay. I was curious and a little anxious about how it would be to be here this time without my long time SBH resident insider (and fellow walker) who died since my last visit in December. She was one of 3 people I met 25+ years ago who made this island so much more than just a pretty face, which has kept me coming back through thick and thin. Turns out things are still OK as she's still kinda here. But I'm grateful to this Forum as an information resource and companion, more than ever. Thank you, all. And, Ellen, are there dates for next year's Film Festival? I need to make plans :).

Thanks for all your great posts and thanks for remembering you friend in this post. You are so right about the draw of the island people.
:pray1:

Gorgeous final afternoon at Petite Anse as the sargasse retreated to the far shore, the sea was clear and 2 turtles joined me snorleking the bay. I was curious and a little anxious about how it would be to be here this time without my long time SBH resident insider (and fellow walker) who died since my last visit in December. She was one of 3 people I met 25+ years ago who made this island so much more than just a pretty face, which has kept me coming back through thick and thin. Turns out things are still OK as she's still kinda here. But I'm grateful to this Forum as an information resource and companion, more than ever. Thank you, all. And, Ellen, are there dates for next year's Film Festival? I need to make plans :).
love reading your posts. I agree this wonderful Island is more than a pretty face. Safe travels and I will see you on the beach

Hi Jo,
yes it looks like the festival will be the same week - May 3-6, 2023, with a special screening on April 30 or May 1 on the dock in conjunction with the West Indies Regatta...
safe travels,
Ellen