cec1

Senior Insider
. . . warmly welcomed back to L’Esprit
(cue the music):
“You're lookin' swell, [Dennis],
I can tell, [Dennis],
You're still glowin'..
you're still crowin’!”

On a rainy evening, it was a very special return . . . with restaurant friends appreciatively welcoming me again to a familiar seat.

A hug from Host Tof & big wave from sous chef Romain, in the kitchen . . . Jean Claude & I talked about state of the world & the evening’s menu options . . . ba
rtender Erica served-up a favorite chilled cocktail, accompanied by a mini-crab cake amuse bouche . . . waiter Hervé moved “my” table out of its spot in lightly falling rain, watchfully guiding me there . . . server Rosine brought me a tasting portion of foie gras,complete with GF bread. CBC70863-81BD-4AAA-8168-8D76A7F86EFB.jpeg

If it sounds like a very special welcome . . . it was! With many years of history in dining at L’Esprit, my friendships among all there have borne for me a mutually loving St. Barths family — gratefully, among others on SBH (in 44 years on the island, it happens!).

First course was an out-of-this-world beef carpaccio, served over a thin bed of finely prepared, lightly dressed potato salad . . . topped with caviar.
21010286-D427-4D99-9607-BD42FAEA1ED9.jpg

Main course was an outstanding roasted Monk fish filet in a watercress reduction sauce with asparagus.
97FA0A3B-E7FD-4E1D-A875-CA7E4A1D699A.jpg

. . . all with a lovely, slightly chilled red burgundy.
49C8E90A-2319-4C2C-A246-D65A46468F58.jpg

I’ll be back soon!

. . . warmly welcomed back to L’Esprit
(cue the music):
“You're lookin' swell, [Dennis],
I can tell, [Dennis],
You're still glowin'..
you're still crowin’!”

On a rainy evening, it was a very special return . . . with restaurant friends appreciatively welcoming me again to a familiar seat.

A hug from Host Tof & big wave from sous chef Romain, in the kitchen . . . Jean Claude & I talked about state of the world & the evening’s menu options . . . ba
rtender Erica served-up a favorite chilled cocktail, accompanied by a mini-crab cake amuse bouche . . . waiter Hervé moved “my” table out of its spot in lightly falling rain, watchfully guiding me there . . . server Rosine brought me a tasting portion of foie gras,complete with GF bread.View attachment 61884

If it sounds like a very special welcome . . . it was! With many years of history in dining at L’Esprit, my friendships among all there have borne for me a mutually loving St. Barths family — gratefully, among others on SBH (in 44 years on the island, it happens!).

First course was an out-of-this-world beef carpaccio, served over a thin bed of finely prepared, lightly dressed potato salad . . . topped with caviar.
View attachment 61881

Main course was an outstanding roasted Monk fish filet in a watercress reduction sauce with asparagus.
View attachment 61882

. . . all with a lovely, slightly chilled red burgundy.
View attachment 61883

I’ll be back soon!

I’m giddy with culinary joy! Thanks for posting

You are off to a marvelous start...welcome home! It's pretty darn good being Dennis