So many choices so few days!

CaribbeanSoul

SBH Insider
Hello everyone! We are trying to round our restaurant choices for our upcoming visit next month. We thought those who have been on island recently might be able to help us out with a few recommendations.

So far we have reservations at:
Orega
Le Toiny dinner (and beach club Sunday)
Fouquet's

We also have competing reservations at L'Esprit and Francois Plantation but are considering cancelling both. In past trips we have been to Bagatelle, Bonito, L'Isola and Tamarin.

We definitely will go back to Sante Fe, for lunch or dinner. My wife is more of a "luncher", me not so much.

Has anyone been to Le Papillon Ivre? Any other recommendations would be appreciated! Looking forward to our 4th trip back to SBH!

We had dinner at L Esprit last night and it was delicious! Both started with duck rolls. I had the sole and my wife had the veal & sweetbreads. Everything about it was A+ We are headed to Santa Fe tonight

Jimmy, it is our local restaurant and I can not say enough good things about the food and the staff. We will be in Saline and that veal and sweetbreads sounds darn good.

Bon apetit.

You must try Lil’ Rock for lunch...our best discovery on our recent trip. Also Le Toiny beach lunch was superb.
And Ti Corrail is a hidden gem for lunch

We have enjoyed dining at Amis a few times. Wednesday through Sunday, but verify beforehand, they have had lovely background music. A female vocalist and a guy on guitar who play well together and know all the words to classic rock tunes

The best meal of our trip was lunch at Santa Fe last month! We hit all the usuals that you mention, but for this trip, Santa Fe knocked it out of the park! My grilled lobster was particularly fantastic! The service and ambience are always the icing on the cake! For me, Bonito was a close 2nd, and for my husband, L’Esprit was his next favorite.

2018 Cheryl & I traveled to St. Barth Memorial Day weekend for 5 days. While we had never had such a short vacation there we wished to support the Island with its rebuild after Irma. We stayed at Hotel Village in St. Jean which was marvelous. 4 nights meals…Eddys, Tamarin, L’Espirit Santa Fe, all wonderful choices posted here.

we were in St Bart's in early April...
Ti Corail is a must for lunch...great food...great staff
Fouquet was superb....service was great...food was super....view is outstanding
Zion was very good...we were even treated to a "floor show" ......the chef had just received about a 30 kilo fish (I believe it was a mahi-mahi)....and he proceeded to filet it......what a master with a carving knife...he probably should have been a surgeon...
Entracte was also good....local...just doing a really good job without a lot of pizazz...
Bananiers was also great....my wife had the foie gras stuffed ravioli...she still is raving about how smooth it was...and of course I had a pizza....a veggie pizza with pepperoni!!!
Santa Fe...for dinner...was ...as usual....on top of their game!
Fish Corner....delightful!
Le Repaire...our Sunday night experience...always good...underrated
L'Esprit...I can't add any more to what has already been said about the restaurant....it's just wonderful
25 Quarter...something different...more of the Asian fusion movement....but very good ....and perfect service
Joel Rubuchon...we dined upstairs...service was really good...and the food was yummy...food presentation was excellent...the food looked almost too good to eat...
Tropical Hotel...a "must" on our list when we return...great makeover...a "hidden" gem
La Langouste...they were "packed"....and someone had decided not to show up for work....so there was one young man running at full steam...and quite frankly all the diners were happy...he handled his extra workload with relative ease...no one complained about poor service...and oops...I forgot to mention the food....everything was very good
And...last but not least...there was Tamarin...beautiful setting....we have been there many times in the past. This time we were disappointed...service was good but the food just seemed "off" ....plus... we got that "corporate" feeling....not the local flavor....kind of the same feeling we had at Guerite (that was a one and done experience for us)
Ciao...

Hello everyone! We are trying to round our restaurant choices for our upcoming visit next month. We thought those who have been on island recently might be able to help us out with a few recommendations.

So far we have reservations at:
Orega
Le Toiny dinner (and beach club Sunday)
Fouquet's

We also have competing reservations at L'Esprit and Francois Plantation but are considering cancelling both. In past trips we have been to Bagatelle, Bonito, L'Isola and Tamarin.

We definitely will go back to Sante Fe, for lunch or dinner. My wife is more of a "luncher", me not so much.

Has anyone been to Le Papillon Ivre? Any other recommendations would be appreciated! Looking forward to our 4th trip back to SBH!
It was our first time there but we found Papillon Ivre to be one of the highlights of our last trip's dinners. Very fun place. Small plates but we love that as you just keep ordering until you are done. Not often you can find such a huge selection of fantastic wines by the glass in St Barth. They allow you to taste a few before you order as well which helps if you are unfamiliar with what they have or just want to try some new wines. The food was great as well IMO. I would definitely recommend. Not may tables, so make a reservation if you decide to go. I'd recommend going for dinner, but would probably also be a great spot to go for a pre-dinner glass of wine and appetizer.

Zion was very good...we were even treated to a "floor show" ......the chef had just received about a 30 kilo fish (I believe it was a mahi-mahi)....and he proceeded to filet it......what a master with a carving knife...he probably should have been a surgeon...”

Have seen it there, as well! Awesome to watch!