BE AN ANGEL: PLEASE SUPPORT THE 25th ST BARTH FILM FESTIVAL May 4-7, 2022

JEK

Senior Insider
84A159C2-DE2A-43CB-9C61-A3BDAE39ABE1.jpeg

Always a special time on the island! Please help a good cause!

BE AN ANGEL:PLEASE SUPPORT THE 25thST BARTH FILM FESTIVALMay 4-7, 2022www.stbarthff.org

Founded in 1996, the St Barth Film Festival has become one of the major cultural events on the island. Dedicated to Caribbean Cinema, the festival shows up to a dozen films each year in late April/ early May in outdoor settings including the cinema at AJOE in Lorient, the Port of Gustavia, or the beach in Flamands, as well as indoor afternoon screenings at the Theatre du Paradis in Gustavia. All of the films are in French or have French sub-titles so that they are accessible to the island audience. The video screenings are free to the public in order to attract the largest audience possible and best promote Caribbean cinema.
Since 1996, the festival has created one of the few existing crossroads for Caribbean filmmakers to meet with their colleagues from Europe and the United States and share ideas about filmmaking. This unique forum appeals to filmmakers who do not often have the opportunity to meet and discuss their work in an informal festival setting such as St. Barth.
We have also developed an annual film-in-the-schools program. In addition to showing films and taking film professionals to speak with students in island schools. This is a very rewarding exchange for the students and the filmmakers.
The St. Barth Film Festival receives support from the local government of St. Barthélemyas well as the regional bureau of the French Ministry of Culture (DAC Guadeloupe). But as we expand our annual activities, we need to increase our funding with private donations, and public funds are limited to 50% of our annual budget.
All of the people involved in the organization of the St. Barth Film Festival are volunteers, and come from as far away as the US, France, Guadeloupe, and other Caribbean islands to make the festival possible. Your help will support their efforts. Be a Friend, a VIP, a Patron, or a Producer and be part of the cultural life of St. Barth!

After cancelling two years due to Covid, the festival is back! Please share your support….

Friend ($150)
VIP ($250)
All levels from $250 and up receive onecomplimentary festival t-shirt, one baseball cap, and passes to the films
Producer ($500)
All levels from $500 and up receive twocomplimentary ​​festival t-shirts,two baseball caps, passes to the films, and an invitation to a festival party for two​​
Patron ($750)
Sponsor A Filmmaker ($1000)
Sponsor the films-in-the-school program ($2500)
Angel ($5000 and over)
Other $___________
All donations are greatly appreciated!

YES! PLEASE COUNT ME IN…
Tax-deductible contributions in US dollars can be made c/o The Center for New American Media, a 501C3 non-for profit organization in New York.

Name ________________________________

Address ______________________________

City ___________ State_________________

Country _______________ Zip code________

Telephone ____________ Fax _____________

Email: ________________________________

Please make checks in US dollars payable to:
The Center for New American Media,
and mail to:
Joshua Harrison
140 Riverside Drive, Apt 5D
New York, NY 10024

Checks in Euros (not tax deductible in US) should be made out to:
Ciné Saint Barth
and mailed to:
Rosemond Gréaux
B.P. 1017 – St Jean
97012 St Barthélemycedex
FWI

Telephone 06 90 40 03 89 (SBH)
1-917-698-9890 (USA/global)
rgreaux@wandoo.fr
elgreaux@wanadoo.fr

A-N-D, if you're ever on the island during the Film Festival consider coming to support the event (most screenings are free.) Help celebrate the rich culture of Caribbean film, and meet some of the region's most talented film-makers. Outdoor venues, free admission, Q&A with visiting film-makers, local talent and esteemed organizers.

- Peter (unabashed SBFF fan)

A-N-D, if you're ever on the island during the Film Festival consider coming to support the event (most screenings are free.) Help celebrate the rich culture of Caribbean film, and meet some of the region's most talented film-makers. Outdoor venues, free admission, Q&A with visiting film-makers, local talent and esteemed organizers.

- Peter (unabashed SBFF fan)

Totally agree, Peter! Such a worthy island event . . . with inestimable time & effort in producing it.

My check is in the mail! Don't miss out on a great commemorative tee-shirt and hat!

Phil has a wonderful film festival tee shirt collection as well. I managed to grab the orange cap a few years ago!

Thanks everyone, now we pray for no rain next week ....

Hello there!

Kona and I would like to also make whatever contribution we normally do. A simple hand over to you works for us. Now to just make a plan to meet up!

. . . loving that you made it to 25, Ellen . . . despite four years of plague & two years of pandemic!

. . . loving that you made it to 25, Ellen . . . despite four years of plague & two years of pandemic!

I’ve been asked to explain what was meant by “four years of plague & two years of pandemic.” It was a reference to President Biden’s quip at Saturday’s annual gathering of the Washington Press Association . . . always a “roast” of politicians & guests. Biden was explaining why he was the first President to appear at the dinner in six years.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/2022/04/30/white-house-correspondents-dinner-2022-biden/

Ellen, suggest you give a shout out to all your sponsors that you have been highlighting on FB. Seems like they should get recognized in here too!

JEK is absolutely right so here is a special shout out to our sponsors - the festival could not happen without their generosity:

• Le Collectivité de Saint-Barthélemy • Direction des Affaires Culturelles (DAC), Guadeloupe • Comité du Tourisme de Saint-Barthélemy • AJOE • Le Sereno • Eden Rock • Hotel Christopher • Le Toiny • Auberge de la Petite Anse • Le Village StBarth • Cheval Blanc Isle de France • Tradewind Aviation • Joël Robuchon • Kiki è Mo • Sin Garden • Budget Rent-A-Car • La Cave du Port Franc • Caribbean Journal • Bar de l'Oubli • Le Journal de St Barth • Le News • and all the wonderful people who support the festival.

JEK is absolutely right so here is a special shout out to our sponsors - the festival could not happen without their generosity:

• Le Collectivité de Saint-Barthélemy • Direction des Affaires Culturelles (DAC), Guadeloupe • Comité du Tourisme de Saint-Barthélemy • AJOE • Le Sereno • Eden Rock • Hotel Christopher • Le Toiny • Auberge de la Petite Anse • Le Village StBarth • Cheval Blanc Isle de France • Tradewind Aviation • Joël Robuchon • Kiki è Mo • Sin Garden • Budget Rent-A-Car • La Cave du Port Franc • Caribbean Journal • Bar de l'Oubli • Le Journal de St Barth • Le News • and all the wonderful people who support the festival.

Your "shout out" to corporate sponsors, Ellen, of course is well deserved. I'd simply like to materially highlight ". . . all the wonderful people who support the festival." I'm not sure what percentage of overhead is covered by contributions of wonderful people, but as a contributor, I hope that it's meaningful to the marvelous community program that you, Rosemond, and Josh marshal for island cultural engagement.

Your "shout out" to corporate sponsors, Ellen, of course is well deserved. I'd simply like to materially highlight ". . . all the wonderful people who support the festival." I'm not sure what percentage of overhead is covered by contributions of wonderful people, but as a contributor, I hope that it's meaningful to the marvelous community program that you, Rosemond, and Josh marshal for island cultural engagement.

Here is a more complete list of our donors... the individual donations are a huge help as we have very little operating capital, as it were, but the donations of hotel rooms and meals for the filmmakers are really what makes it possible, as we could never raise enough money to put people at Le Sereno, Christopher, Le Village, etc.... (if anyone on the forum made a donation this year and is not on the list, please let me know asap so we can double check):

Les remerciements /special thanks:
• Xavier Lédée, président, Collectivité de Saint-Barthélemy
• Bettina Cointre et La Commission Culturelle de la Collectivité de St Barthélemy
• François Derudder, Valérie Labayle, Direction des Affaires Culturelles (DAC), Guadeloupe
• Sabine Masseglia, Shirley Dufay, Comité du Tourisme de Saint-Barthélemy
• Cécile Coudreau, AJOE
• Luis Contreras, Le Sereno
• David Matthews, Fabrice Moizan, Vanessa Glain, Eden Rock
• Olivier Leroy, Hotel Christopher
• Charles Vere Nicoll, Le Toiny
• Suger & Vassi Gréaux, Auberge de la Petite Anse
• Catherine Charneau, Le Village StBarth
• David Zipkin, Tradewind Aviation
• Phil Kim, Joël Robuchon
• Jean-Marc Gréaux, Sylvie Bloch, Budget
• Josette Danet, St. Barth Evasion
• I.B. & Bertrand Charneau, Kiki è Mo
• Djordje Varda, Sin Garden
• Laurence Garret, Cheval Blanc Isle de France
• Alan Needleman (poster art)
• Maya & Randy Gurley
• Christian Hardelay, St B’Art
• Nadège Emmanuelian, SB Artists
• Collège Mireille Choisy
• Ecole primaire de Gustavia
• Ecole Sainte-Marie
• Ecole Saint Joseph
• Dantes Magras, La Cave du Port Franc
• Odile Gumbs, Auberge de Terre Neuve
• Avigaël Haddad, Thomas Fetrot, Le Journal de Saint Barth
• Joanne Quetel, Albert Yaphet, Les Artisans
• Eric Mortier, Le News
• Patrick & Estelle, St Barth Print
• Nicolas Nemegyei, Bar de l’Oubli
• Jérome Douchet
• 1848 Foundation
• Susan O’Donnell
• Henry & Carole Herschaft
• Linn Anderson
• Dennis & Wendy Carlton
• David Anderson
• John & Susie King
• John & Susan Miller
• Kevin and Kate Strong
• Sue Wunderlee & Peter Catherwood
• Kimberly Reed & Kona Hosier, Taste of Nantucket
• John Mabrey
• Andrew Kolker, Center for New American Media
• Tim Taylor (our great webmaster)
• Alexander Brickell, Caribbean Journal
• Menu St Barth
• et tous ceux qui soutiennent le festival/and everyone who supports the festival...