Sorry - UK to St Barth question

BenG

SBH Member
So… I’ve had my airline (Easyway) say I do need a Covid test to enter St Barth (via Antigua who definitely don’t need a test), one hotel seems unsure and my other hotel say I don’t need a test. Does anyone have a definitive answer? Seems like UK is now green not orange? So confusing….

Thanks

Are they saying the need for the test is because you are coming from the UK or because you are coming via Antigua or because of your vaccination status?

From the UK and am triple vaccinated. St Barth was asking for a test from the UK 2/3 weeks ago but now it seems unclear…

We had the same question - St Bart’s commuter initially said we needed a test but have now confirmed we do not as both Antigua and the U.K. are on the green list.

For St Barth: If "fully vaccinated" (as per French government interpretation, "fully vaccinated" means: 2 doses + booster shot - see below): no test is required, including for passengers coming from the UK. The UK is now a"green country".

Details here (in French): https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements

Additional information here (in English): https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

Definition of "Fully vaccinated" (https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements)

Quelle preuve de vaccination fournir ?

Le schéma vaccinal est considéré comme complet 28 jours après l'administration d'une dose pour le vaccin Janssen, 7 jours après l'administration d'une deuxième dose pour les autres vaccins reconnus par l'agence européenne des médicaments (Pfizer/Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) et, pour les personnes ayant reçu toutes les doses requises d'un vaccin autorisé par l'OMS ne bénéficiant pas d'une reconnaissance de l'agence européenne des médicaments, 7 jours après l'administration d'une dose complémentaire d'un vaccin à ARN messager bénéficiant d'une telle reconnaissance.

Depuis le 1er février 2022, pour que leur schéma vaccinal reste reconnu comme complet, les personnes de dix-huit ans ou plus souhaitant entrer sur le territoire national doivent avoir reçu une dose de vaccin à ARN messager complémentaire au plus tard 9 mois suivant l'injection de la dernière dose requise.

What proof of vaccination to provide? (Google Translate)

The vaccination schedule is considered complete 28 days after the administration of a dose for the Janssen vaccine, 7 days after the administration of a second dose for the other vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (Pfizer/Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) and, for people who have received all the required doses of a WHO-authorized vaccine that is not recognized by the European Medicines Agency, 7 days after administration of a complementary dose of a messenger RNA vaccine benefiting from such recognition.

Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.

For Antigua, latest protocols can be found here: https://covid19.gov.ag/pdf-post/travel-advisory/

For St Barth: If "fully vaccinated" (as per French government interpretation, "fully vaccinated" means: 2 doses + booster shot - see below): no test is required, including for passengers coming from the UK. The UK is now a"green country".

Details here (in French): https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements

Additional information here (in English): https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

Definition of "Fully vaccinated" (https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-coronavirus/deplacements)

Quelle preuve de vaccination fournir ?

Le schéma vaccinal est considéré comme complet 28 jours après l'administration d'une dose pour le vaccin Janssen, 7 jours après l'administration d'une deuxième dose pour les autres vaccins reconnus par l'agence européenne des médicaments (Pfizer/Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) et, pour les personnes ayant reçu toutes les doses requises d'un vaccin autorisé par l'OMS ne bénéficiant pas d'une reconnaissance de l'agence européenne des médicaments, 7 jours après l'administration d'une dose complémentaire d'un vaccin à ARN messager bénéficiant d'une telle reconnaissance.

Depuis le 1er février 2022, pour que leur schéma vaccinal reste reconnu comme complet, les personnes de dix-huit ans ou plus souhaitant entrer sur le territoire national doivent avoir reçu une dose de vaccin à ARN messager complémentaire au plus tard 9 mois suivant l'injection de la dernière dose requise.

What proof of vaccination to provide? (Google Translate)

The vaccination schedule is considered complete 28 days after the administration of a dose for the Janssen vaccine, 7 days after the administration of a second dose for the other vaccines recognized by the European Medicines Agency (Pfizer/Comirnaty, Moderna, AstraZeneca/Vaxzevria/Covishield) and, for people who have received all the required doses of a WHO-authorized vaccine that is not recognized by the European Medicines Agency, 7 days after administration of a complementary dose of a messenger RNA vaccine benefiting from such recognition.

Since February 1, 2022, in order for their vaccination schedule to remain recognized as complete, persons aged eighteen or over wishing to enter the national territory must have received a dose of complementary messenger RNA vaccine no later than 9 months following the injection of the last required dose.

For Antigua, latest protocols can be found here: https://covid19.gov.ag/pdf-post/travel-advisory/
I still don't see anything relating to SBH in particular that says the booster is needed to be considered fully vaccinated. Unfortunately SBH doesn't seem to have an official website with updated info, but SXM does and that too shows a booster is not needed to be considered "fully vaccinated"

https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

1. You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine :
    • 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
    • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
    • 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
    • 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
    • the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac

I still don't see anything relating to SBH in particular that says the booster is needed to be considered fully vaccinated. Unfortunately SBH doesn't seem to have an official website with updated info, but SXM does and that too shows a booster is not needed to be considered "fully vaccinated"

1. The OP asked for requirements related to Antigua and St Barth. Not St. Maarten.

2. St. Maarten (Dutch side) has different rules than St. Martin (French side). St Martin (French side) has the same requirements than St Barth, and the rest of the country (it used to be different for the French Caribbean territories, not any more).

3. Not too sure why you question official government information? The requirements are identical for the whole country, including SBH. Ask any French citizen/resident (including in St Barth) what the definition of "fully vaccinated" is and you'll get the same answer: 2 doses + booster shot. Thousands of people lost their "pass sanitaire" over that rule, just because they didn't have a booster shot. Even if today the "pass sanitaire" is no longer required (except in hospitals), the definition remains including for traveling, as described in the link: https://www.gouvernement.fr/infocoronavirus/deplacement

1. The OP asked for requirements related to Antigua and St Barth. Not St. Maarten.

2. St. Maarten (Dutch side) has different rules than St. Martin (French side). St Martin (French side) has the same requirements than St Barth, and the rest of the country (it used to be different for the French Caribbean territories, not any more).

3. Not too sure why you question official government information? The requirements are identical for the whole country, including SBH. Ask any French citizen/resident (including in St Barth) what the definition of "fully vaccinated" is and you'll get the same answer: 2 doses + booster shot. Thousands of people lost their "pass sanitaire" over that rule, just because they didn't have a booster shot. Even if today the "pass sanitaire" is no longer required (except in hospitals), the definition remains including for traveling, as described in the link: https://www.gouvernement.fr/infocoronavirus/deplacement
1. many people go through SXM on the way to SBH
2. as I said I've yet to see anything related to SBH specifically that states a booster is needed and every site I see says it isn't. France and SBH have had some difference in travel rules during COVID, no? I'd like to see where SBH requires the booster so there is no confusion but haven't been able to find it anywhere

1. many people go through SXM on the way to SBH
2. as I said I've yet to see anything related to SBH specifically that states a booster is needed and every site I see says it isn't. France and SBH have had some difference in travel rules during COVID, no? I'd like to see where SBH requires the booster so there is no confusion but haven't been able to find it anywhere

Right now I'm within 9 months of my booster but in November when I travel to SBH I won't be and in September when I travel to France it will be right around 9 months.

Read the original post. BenG is traveling via Antigua, not via SXM. My answer was directed to the OP's attention as nobody seemed to provide a clear answer to the query.

You won't read/find anything related to SBH, because there is no longer a specific rule for SBH or any of the French Caribbean islands for that matter. In this situation, national rules apply.

The rules of tomorrow can be different than the rules of today. November is far away and COVID protocols might be totally different by then.

Read the original post. BenG is traveling via Antigua, not via SXM. My answer was directed to the OP's attention as nobody seemed to provide a clear answer to the query.

You won't read/find anything related to SBH, because there is no longer a specific rule for SBH or any of the French Caribbean islands for that matter. In this situation, national rules apply.

The rules of tomorrow can be different than the rules of today. November is far away and COVID protocols might be totally different by then.
Yes, I do agree with that 100% and like I said, I am boosted, but I struggle to think that the Companies that deal with SBH tourists the most all have this wrong. Wouldn't it only take one irate customer who follows their rules and is turned away to get them to change their websites? So either the booster isn't being looked at by those checking as being required (even if the rule says they should) or everyone is boosted which isn't likely

https://www.flytradewind.com/travel-advisories/
https://www.wimco.com/vacation-trav...-19-test-requirements-and-travel-information/
https://www.stbarth.com/covid-19

The problem is that there is a lot of confusion around this all. Just look at the number of queries relating to entry requirements on this website alone. I can only comment about what the French government considers as "fully vaccinated". Nothing else. I've posted a few official links above that can be crosschecked. These links are not referring to private companies based in the US, but to official French government websites. Information keeps being updated all the time, and some might easily miss the latest updates.

As I also said a few times, there are the rules and then there is the relax approach to the rules. The Gendarmes sitting at the immigration booth at the airport have little interest in interfering with the health authorities and/or checking CDC cards (not sure of they even know what there are). Their principal mission is immigration. Nevertheless the rules do exist. It is up to everyone to decide what's best. You will find some airlines and operators denying passengers at boarding if they don't have a booster shot or a covid test.

Tradewind does check booster shots, at least they did for that sbhonline forum member, as per the recent post: https://www.sbhonline.com/forums/sh...h’s-Commuter-Covid-Testing-Requirements/page2

post.jpg

It is confusing. But if you are "Fully Vaccinated" but NO booster, why not just get an Ag test to have with you? Then you have covered all the options? Can't be any problems...

We had the same situation. I was sure, we would not need a test, but the airline denied to check us in at the airport in Germany without a test. In the AirFrance rules it said, we would need it. So we had to do a test at the airport and nearly missed the flight. From this experience, I would advise to do a test.
No one during the rest of our trip ever asked to see the test. :rolleyes:

We will wait until the middle of June to make a decision based on the rules of that day. See you on the beach

We had the same situation. I was sure, we would not need a test, but the airline denied to check us in at the airport in Germany without a test. In the AirFrance rules it said, we would need it. So we had to do a test at the airport and nearly missed the flight. From this experience, I would advise to do a test.
No one during the rest of our trip ever asked to see the test. :rolleyes:

thanks for the pointer, we’re doing the same route (AF and Winair) in July and we will probably get tested beforehand just in case after your experience. By the way, how did you find the transit in SXM? Was it easy and smooth enough to do yourself or did you book a service? Still debating with myself whether it’s worth it for our whole family.

Dear Anne,
we were checked in to SBH in Germany, so we could use the transit line. Took us about 20 minutes to reach the gate. Our friends arrived from NY and had to collect their luggage and check in in SXM and said it was a nightmare. We would happily have paid for ST Barth Services.

thanks for the pointer, we’re doing the same route (AF and Winair) in July and we will probably get tested beforehand just in case after your experience. By the way, how did you find the transit in SXM? Was it easy and smooth enough to do yourself or did you book a service? Still debating with myself whether it’s worth it for our whole family.
We booked a service for the first time in March, and it was great, flew through everything, however everyone else on the plane got to the gate right after us. And it would have been great on the SBH end if there were more than 2 of us and we hadn’t done it 100 times. We were drinking our first planteur before I saw the email asking if I wanted anyone to meet us in SBH. For a crowd, I would say get the help