L’Esprit

shihadehs

Senior Insider
Have to say in one word “amazing”....every bite was a culinary adventure...Jean Claude is an artist.
Setting and quiet ambience added to an excellent dining experience

Have to say in one word “amazing”....every bite was a culinary adventure...Jean Claude is an artist.

I’m totally with you . . . one of my two, top fine-dining venues & experiences on SBH . . . the other being Zion. (Apart from independent restaurants, I also am wedded to hotel restaurants at Le Sereno & Le Barthélemy.)

I’m totally with you . . . one of my two, top fine-dining venues & experiences on SBH . . . the other being Zion. (Apart from independent restaurants, I also am wedded to hotel restaurants at Le Sereno & Le Barthélemy.)

We are trying Zion for first time soon. Will take your word on it being top fine-dining!!

Unfortunately they were closed last year end of June beginning of July. Hope it will be different this year

We have reservations at Zion on 4/21 (first time also), and L’Esprit on 4/22. Won’t get here soon enough! Almost 3 years away…and that’s too darn long.

Dennis,

We went to Le Sereno restaurant and were underwhelmed with the quality of food. A few items felt like they were warmed in the microwave. Pasta was the best part. Ambience is still great. I tried to remember the name of their first manager who openned it in 2007 and then returned after the Bonito period. I think Paul something. Do you remember by chance?

We have reservations for Le Sereno in May. I am interested, based on Leon's comments, as to whether I should cancel and go elsewhere that evening. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

To coin a Susan Sarandon in BULL DURHAM phrase, “Oh, my…”!
;)

Dennis,

We went to Le Sereno restaurant and were underwhelmed with the quality of food. A few items felt like they were warmed in the microwave. Pasta was the best part. Ambience is still great. I tried to remember the name of their first manager who openned it in 2007 and then returned after the Bonito period. I think Paul something. Do you remember by chance?

Sorry to read that you were underwhelmed. “Mileage” varies, as the saying goes. I don’t remember a manager who had a Bonito period. The very long time Food & Beverage Manager was Jean Pierre.

We have reservations for Le Sereno in May. I am interested, based on Leon's comments, as to whether I should cancel and go elsewhere that evening. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I suggest that you cancel & go elsewhere . . . no sense in going with preconceived doubts.

Sorry to read that you were underwhelmed. “Mileage” varies, as the saying goes. I don’t remember a manager who had a Bonito period. The very long time Food & Beverage Manager was Jean Pierre.
Yes, I was thinking about Jean Pierre, seems they need somebody like him at the helm.

I remember the heavenly Bouillabaisse I ate a few times there while talking to Jean Pierre.

I do not want to discourage anybody from going there. As Dennis said it's a a matter of preference. I can attest that their pasta dishes are one of the best on the island, especially when tomatoes are part of the recipe.

Funny you mention tomatoes. I was always blown away by Maya’s tomato and mango salad, Phil’s favorite, and also the dishes at L’Isola that use tomatoes. Incredible. Like tomatoes used to taste when I was a kid and we would stop at farms and buy to take home!

There is something about the tomato sections and slices and chunks used here that enhance the shrimp or lobster on any pasta of the day.

IMHO.