Airfare $$$

It definitely isn't cheap, and it isn't going to get any cheaper. I have only flow TW once... and while costly, it sure made a few things easier. If I remember correctly, at the time, we couldn't get a direct flight back to BOS from SXM, so we flew through SJU.

My wife and I are trying to plan our next trip. This time with our 8yo daughter. Our idea was to go during February vacation, but its not looking promising... may need to move is a few weeks to skip the insane prices. We are looking for fly through SJU just because we don't know what the future holds, and if we can skip a country in-between it will make travel a bit less of a pain/worrisome.... plus the airlines are not exactly giving away flights to SXM either.
Yes, a lot of factors at play and almost all are in favor of flying thru SJU for us. But, just focusing on $s for those dates we can get a flight from SBH to SXM for about $95 pp and then from SXM to JFK for around $220. So one way "home" is around $315 pp total. The flights from SJU to NYC are usually cheaper than from SXM but still the total one way right now from SBH thru to JFK is around $900 pp which is quite a difference. RT right now for 2 people is around $3,700 if we go thru SJU and $1,200 if we go thru SXM. For $2,500 for us it just is probably too much of a difference even if we add on the Premium IV fee. The key for us was always getting that early cheaper flight from SBH to SJU that allowed us to reap the benefits of the SJU route at not too much of a premium. I don't really mind SXM and especially when Vincent's team whisks us through security

Speaking of Tradewind...we had minor glitch on way down..miscommunication with regards to VIP...was no big deal for us.
We just received a very thoughtful gift from them at our villa. This just reinforces for us what a remarkable class act their whole operation is and we are most happy to continue being loyal customers...

why we like to go at the end of august

B2A801CB-A435-47DC-BA24-4AECA49D4B54.jpeg

why we like to go at the end of august
and on a Tuesday and after staying over a night in San Juan. But since it works for you I agree with you!!! That is the fare we would always try to get for our flight home that made it a "no brainer" decision for us to go thru SJU