St. Barth’s Commuter Covid Testing Requirements

Bilnan248

SBH Member
Bonjour!

Looking forward to our 2 week SB trip April 5th (our 5th since the pandemic….somehow we’ve made it work!)

We are a little confused. Flying SXM to SB via SBC. They have never disappointed us.

I checked their website for Covid entry requirements. I have been following all the socials that say as long as your fully vaccinated, no testing is required. I even sent them this…..

35938fc4-170b-48cc-a42e-9e332abb098e

aa376893-8c6e-4d9f-befe-66eccb52f858

The response I received was that a PCR or antigen test within 48 hours and completion of the EHS form is required. And Yes, it was a person answering the email.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I appreciate for all the info this forum provides!

Merci!

You must complete the EHAS form for SXM, both going to SBH and returning to the US. If you submit proof of vaccination then no testing is required for either SXM or SBH. As of now, you need a 1-day test (slightly easier than a 24-hour test) to return to the US. Below is the latest graphic from SXM:

B94CE55D-6990-44A2-995E-AF6072B47200.jpg

KevinS- Did you fly St Barth Commuter from SXM recently? I am also concerned because although I have seen the communique from Nils Dufau, Wimco’s website, Ici & La, the fact remains that St. Barths Commuter’s website lists their last COVID protocol update as Feb 21 2022 and directs passengers to check the official website for measures in force at the time of your trip as: https://www.saint-barth-saint-martin.gouv.fr. However, when going to this French Territory government website, there is no confirmation of lifting the 24 hour COVID test entry requirement. It is very concerning now that Bilnan248 is saying he is receiving email confirmation that a COVID test is still required for St Barth commuter (and yes I know Tradewinds is handling this differently but this thread is specifically regarding St Barths Commuter policy.). Somehow I don’t think St Barth Commuter will simply accept a print out of the WIMCO webpage or even Nils Dufau’s letter. Has anyone on the forum actually flown St Barth Commuter since the COVID test requirement was supposedly lifted for fully vaccinated passengers? It’s frustrating that it is crystal clear that mainland France has clearly lifted the test restriction but the French territories are eerily silent on their public web portals. I very much appreciate anyone with direct knowledge of St. Barth Commuter’s current COVID test policy to fly from SXM to SBH.

I did not, but I trust what Nils, WIMCO, St Barth Properties, Premium IV, and Tradewind are all saying.

It is very simple.

1. EHAS Form needed with Vaccine Card upload to land and clear transit in SXM. Show QR Code
2. If flying SBC to SBH then you need not go through customs at all; otherwise yes.
3. Once you land in SBH show Customs your passport ONLY.
4. Done / Easy

It is very simple.

1. EHAS Form needed with Vaccine Card upload to land and clear transit in SXM. Show QR Code
2. If flying SBC to SBH then you need not go through customs at all; otherwise yes.
3. Once you land in SBH show Customs your passport ONLY.
4. Done / Easy

I believe the question I am hearing from Bilnan and Goodie is if anyone has recently, since the reported requirement changes, made the trip to SBH with SBC, and how it played out for that person or persons.

Foxy, is this a trip that you recently made? Interested to hear that it was your experience that people didn't have to pass through one Customs/Immigration desk or another when passing through SXM?

Bonjour!

Looking forward to our 2 week SB trip April 5th (our 5th since the pandemic….somehow we’ve made it work!)

We are a little confused. Flying SXM to SB via SBC. They have never disappointed us.

I checked their website for Covid entry requirements. I have been following all the socials that say as long as your fully vaccinated, no testing is required. I even sent them this…..

35938fc4-170b-48cc-a42e-9e332abb098e

aa376893-8c6e-4d9f-befe-66eccb52f858

The response I received was that a PCR or antigen test within 48 hours and completion of the EHS form is required. And Yes, it was a person answering the email.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

I appreciate for all the info this forum provides!

Merci!

Ask SBC to contact the SBH airport manager, Fabrice Danet, for updated info on testing requirements. They will quickly get back to you with the latest protocols. The answer is clear: IF fully vaccinated with booster shot (3 doses), then no test is required. Otherwise, a test made under 24 hours is required (antigen ok).

About the transit in SXM: the EHAS form is indeed required, but transit passengers traveling on SBC scheduled service do not need to clear customs/immigration. They are channeled through the transit line before entering the main terminal. Ground agents collect bag tags, get the checked bags and transfer them to the SBC plane directly. The same procedure applies to all private charter passengers (SBC and all other charter companies).

Ask SBC to contact the SBH airport manager, Fabrice Danet, for updated info on testing requirements. They will quickly get back to you with the latest protocols. The answer is clear: IF fully vaccinated with booster shot (3 doses), then no test is required. Otherwise, a test made under 24 hours is required (antigen ok).

About the transit in SXM: the EHAS form is indeed required, but transit passengers traveling on SBC scheduled service do not need to clear customs/immigration. They are channeled through the transit line before entering the main terminal. Ground agents collect bag tags, get the checked bags and transfer them to the SBC plane directly. The same procedure applies to all private charter passengers (SBC and all other charter companies).

When we traveled through SXM in February, with boarding passes and carry on, we headed to the left, after entry, up to the SXM ("will we or won't we let you use the transit desk" agent) check-in desk. We then went through a security area. Next stop was a booth with an immigration/customs officer who checked our passports, and then on to the airline check in gate where we were asked to show our test results (return to the U.S.). I am blanking on when/where the EHAS form came into play at SXM.

I just received this email confirmation from St. Barth Commuter. Case closed!:

Good morning,

Yes we confirm that to enter St Barth if your vaccine is up to date you do not need a test.

Thank you !

With our very best Regards,

Danae
St Barth Commuter
Service Réservation / Reservation Department
+ 590 590 275 454
info@stbarthcommuter.com
www.stbarthcommuter.com

f5a4e01b-87f2-414f-ab9f-4856a1c9c36e

Just going to chime in...You are NOT required to have a booster to travel either thru SXM or for arrival in St. Barths. My daughter (fully vaccinated and boosted) and her boyfriend (fully vaccinated , NOT boosted) just flew down thru this routeabout 11 days ago. "Vaccine up to date" means two shots.

When we traveled through SXM in February, with boarding passes and carry on, we headed to the left, after entry, up to the SXM ("will we or won't we let you use the transit desk" agent) check-in desk. The next stop was a booth with an immigration/customs officer who checked our passports. We then went through the security area, and then on to the airline check in gate where we were asked to show our test results (return to the U.S.). I am blanking on when/where the EHAS form came into play at SXM.

To be totally correct, you first get off the bus (or walk from the airliner if parked close enough to the building). Once by the building entrance, the EHAS forms are checked by the health department, then your transfer agent will collect the bag tags and send you through the transit channel (on the left). The next stop is security, then the immigration booth for passport checks (outbound, not inbound).

Tests: both the SXM and SBH authorities consider: full vaccination = 3 doses. If 2 doses or less -> test required. The French call it "schéma vaccinal complet" (3 doses) since January 15th, 2022.

This is Bilnan248 with the initial post. I’m still confused….this is MY response from Danae from yesterday….

Good morning,

Yes you need an antigen test or pcr valide for less than 48 hours.

We also remind yoy that you must complete the EHAS from for SXM : https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/

Danae
St Barth Commuter
+ 590 590 275 454
info@stbarthcommuter.com
www.stbarthcommuter.com

*♀️

“To be totally correct”

Tests: both the SXM and SBH authorities consider: full vaccination = 3 doses. If 2 doses or less -> test required. The French call it "schéma vaccinal complet" (3 doses) since January 15th, 2022.
——————————————————-
Erik. From the EHAS form guidance. (as of March 1, 2022)

1. You are considered fully vaccinated with an accepted vaccine :
    • 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer, Moderna, Astrazeneca, Sinopharm, Sinovac/Coronavac and Covishield vaccines, or
    • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine, or
    • 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series combination of a single dose Pfizer or Moderna with a single dose Astra Zeneca, or
    • 2 weeks after a single-dose of vaccine after a confirmed COVID-19 infection within 6 months before the vaccination (to be stated on proof of vaccination in absence of a digital COVID-19 infection certificate).
    • the accepted Covid-19 vaccines are: Comirnaty (Pfizer), Spikevax (Moderna), Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca), Johnson & Johnson/Janssen, Covishield (Astrazeneca), Sinopharm and Sinovac/CoronaVac.

This is Bilnan248 with the initial post. I’m still confused….this is MY response from Danae from yesterday….

Good morning,

Yes you need an antigen test or pcr valide for less than 48 hours.

We also remind yoy that you must complete the EHAS from for SXM : https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/

Danae
St Barth Commuter
+ 590 590 275 454
info@stbarthcommuter.com
www.stbarthcommuter.com

*♀️

i wonder if the context for that particular response was perhaps for someone who is unvaccinated?

To be totally correct, you first get off the bus (or walk from the airliner if parked close enough to the building). Once by the building entrance, the EHAS forms are checked by the health department, then your transfer agent will collect the bag tags and send you through the transit channel (on the left). The next stop is security, then the immigration booth for passport checks (outbound, not inbound).

This is incorrect...both SXM and SBH clearly state that 2 doses are considered fully vaccinated.

My initial inquiry to St. Barths Commuter was asking about “fully vaccinated” passengers…. I didn’t specify how many vax shots we’ve had (we’ve had 3). But I only asked about “fully vaccinated” passengers thinking with 3 shots we’d be fully covered with no problems for entry.

This is incorrect...both SXM and SBH clearly state that 2 doses are considered fully vaccinated.

SXM updated their requirements (again) and now consider 2 doses as fully vaccinated (changed recently from the 3-dose requirement). See here: https://stmaartenehas.com/travel-requirements/

As far as SBH is concerned, can you point the direction where SBH "clearly state that 2 doses are considered fully vaccinated"? (official government statement, not third party or private company webpage).

The French call it "schéma vaccinal complet" (3 doses) since January 15th, 2022.

Sorry…I was referencing the third party sites (and recent experiences of others). They have all stated that 2 doses is acceptable for entry to St Barth since 3/14. I assume they are getting this from official sources. And, by now, hopefully, they would have updated their guidance if people were being held up for not having the booster. Maybe it’s a mistake, but when I fly Tradewinds, I feel confident relying on their info/guidance.