New SXM Entry Requirements as of March 1, 2022

I think E-med only does antigen tests. If you need a test for SXM, it has to be a PCR. See red strip above.

You are correct that eMed only works with home antigen tests. You got me looking at that "red stripe" and the wording below and I discovered the significance of a Ct count which comes into play is one is recovered from COVID, but still testing positive with the PCR test.

Hopefully Covid gets to be similar to the yearly flu shot. That is probably the best we can hope for.

I am attempting to visit the island in a week or so from NYC. It's still confusing if I need to do the online application for just a transfer at the airport at SXM to St. Barts.

Yes, you do. Passengers who are In Transit must complete the form. You will also need to submit an EHAS form for your return from SBH.

"
[FONT=&quot]Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a [/FONT]
mandatory
[FONT=&quot] health pre-authorization application through an [/FONT]
Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS)
[FONT=&quot] for [/FONT]
every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. "

Yes, you do. Passengers who are In Transit must complete the form. You will also need to submit an EHAS form for your return from SBH.

"
Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a
mandatory
health pre-authorization application through an
Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS)
for
every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. "
Thank you very much! I appreciate the clarity.

Into the airport, correct? Not the ferry on the way back

has this been updated?

1. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours. For visitors arriving by ferry boat from St.Kitts and Nevis, Anguilla, St. Barth’s, Saba and St, Eustatius and cruisers without an agent health pre-authorization application through the Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) is mandatory as well.

Depends on the ferry. The Voyager ferry into Marigot on the French side, no problem. The Great Bay Express ferry into P-burg on the Dutch side still has an EHAS requirement.

has this been updated?

1. Due to the COVID-19 epidemic Sint Maarten has established a mandatory health pre-authorization application through an Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) for every visitor arriving by air including transits, Sint Maarten and Saint Martin residents. Without the health pre-authorization boarding will not be possible. Be advised that processing time can take up to 12 hours. For visitors arriving by ferry boat from St.Kitts and Nevis, Anguilla, St. Barth’s, Saba and St, Eustatius and cruisers without an agent health pre-authorization application through the Electronic Health Authorization System (EHAS) is mandatory as well.

Many people are wishing for an update, or better yet, total elimination of the EHAS requirement. It hasn’t happened yet.

Depends on the ferry. The Voyager ferry into Marigot on the French side, no problem. The Great Bay Express ferry into P-burg on the Dutch side still has an EHAS requirement.

This seems a bit silly, you could go to the French side then drive to the Dutch side... which is why the island is considering a joint council to work with the Dutch and French authorities to avoid such conundrums!

Hey does anyone know if SXM is going to have the same visa waiver system as Netherlands and Europe will have in 2023? I'm live in UK (not citizen, I have a residence permit) and I can visit SXM without visa or any applications. Simply with my passport. I found on the internet that from 2023 there will be a new authorization requirement for whole Schengen area for non-European visitors. Is SXM affected by ETIAS as well?

As of November 1 SXM dropped the requirement to complete an EHAS for entry into the country. I’m going to un-pin this post, and let it fade away.

1BE7B2DC-0CE5-4884-8C09-5651DDC00DB9.jpeg