Some Humorous Notes

justme

SBH Member
Read the Label
I love the Ligne shower gel. I got the last bottle off the shelf at the airport pharmacy. That evening, I noted the gel was congealed and didn’t really lather. Does shower gel expire? The next day, I tried it again, and noted the smell was gone, too. I turned the bottle around, after spreading goopy glop on my body and read the label: Body Firming Gel. Oops. (My body needs firming and does not appear to have been affected, so I can’t endorse the product.)

No Pizza For You
In an effort to simmer down our food indulgence, we decided to get takeaway pizza for lunch at the villa w a bottle of champagne (I mean, we do have limits to moderation). Papa’s Pizza? Opens at 6. L’Isoletta? Opens at 530. I know! Le Boucheron! No pizza till 645. Is pizza tick tacky for lunch? We ended up getting frozen pizza from the L’Oasis, which was not horrible but I fear my foodie cred is ruined.

Thanks for Coming! Get Out!
We lunched at Cabane (Cheval Blanc) yesterday. Lovely table in the sand. The most beautiful staff anywhere, IMHO. The food, meh. We had cocktails, 2 bottles of wine, full lunch and dessert. We were those people - who linger. Exactly 2 hours after we sat, “we need you to leave, there are people waiting for your table.” Another server arrives, “here’s some rhum Vanille for you!” Another arrives, “I need you to pay, we need the table.” Ok. A third person arrives, “if you aren’t ready, we can maybe move you by the pool?” Oh, baby, we are so ready. Ciao.

Why Are You Here?
Every day I see ads for sunset cocktails at the Christopher. We decide to go! We arrive and the valet asks if that is why we are here and we enter the place. We sit at a lovely spot to watch the view. It’s spectacular. We order a drink. It takes a while. A new server comes and brings the drinks. We never see her again after 40 minutes. No one seemed to care about what they were doing except the Valet. We flag down a 3rd server and ask for l’addition. “You want to leave?” “We have been ignored, so yes.” “Okay, perfect.” Lol! No one seemed to understand that sunset happy hour was a thing. Very very strange experience.

Try ordering a cocktail and attempt to consume it before ordering food.

Their heads explode.

No Pizza For You

That's so funny, we always have this issue. Every time we want a pizza everything is closed...

We finally found La Quintessence, I believe they're open from 11:45-2pm. Best pizza we had on the island! They're right next to Chefs X.O.

I love this trip report! Please keep it up, you are hilarious.
We had a similar experience at the Chris. Went for sunset cocktails and the pool bar was closed. Finally got a drink from the restaurant but the server also disappeared.
Randy did get a St. Barth beer:
IMG_1683.jpg
And we got this great pic:
IMG_1684.jpg