Villa Final list - input please

GinaC

SBH Member
Didn't make it last year so trying again. I have narrowed down the areas I **think** we want to stay in to Lurin or above Gustavia. We have been 3 times before and stayed in St. Jean, Carmaruche and Lorient. In Lorient we were waterside and the others up high. Given our boys are 16 & 18 this trip I thought above Gustavia might be nice so they could walk down to beach or town and would be a different view for us. Lurin - though not walkable so central would be easy to get to a number of places and I think the boys would enjoy access to the local gym. (assuming they are allowing visitors). We are traveling late May early June. Most important in a villa for us is pool and pool deck with awesome view. I tend to way overthink this so need to make a decision soon as one of the villas I was prepared to book is no longer on the market. Any input on the following or others you think I may be missing? Open to other areas too as long as they are central. Also note, bonus for modern and all on 1 level but not a must. 16K/week budget w/ 3 bedrooms. AC a must at least in bedrooms. Appreciate in input or opinions.

- Fleur de Cactus
-White Sun
-Villa Moh

Villa Haute Maison or Villa Kercliff. High above Columbier with amazing views. Both have pools and are owned by the same person.

Hi Gina,
Of your final list the only villa I am familiar with is MOH. It is beautiful and in a great location for getting around the island by car, not by foot. It is most often occupied by its owner however. We have stayed in several of their properties. If you are not familiar with them it is Luxe St Barts. I do like your idea of being close to town for your children. Good luck with your search

Thanks dsarkis. The more I have thought about it the more I like the idea of being close to Gustavia too. It would be give everyone a little more freedom and space. I am challenged finding a nice villa with great via and pool thought in that proximity. Would love any recommendations that would meet that need. Need 3 bedrooms and pool with view, modern or current decor preferred. I may have too many restrictions to find such a villa.

Villa Haute Maison or Villa Kercliff. High above Columbier with amazing views. Both have pools and are owned by the same person.
We stayed at Haute Maison one year and Villa Kercliff the next year. We were happy both times. The views are great; and the villas were well furnished and decorated.

Villa Gros Islets (St Barth’s Properties)is s 2 bedroom but the second bedroom can be split into two beds.

it’s the first Villa past the “Goose” hotel. I did walk into town a couple of times but the walk up is steep.

We have stayed in MOH 3 times. It is very nice. Pool is excellent, view over St. Jean is great and it is perfect for getting to all parts of the island.

Thank you all. I have checked into all of the suggestions. I prefer a central location which eliminated several of the recommendations. I am really leaning toward Lurin area, specifically Blue Swan. I find very few reviews and no comments in any of the forums, TA or this one. Any insight? 1st week of June trip, will this location be hot? Sorry to keep throwing villas out, I just can't seem to settle on one. Thank you all.

Thank you all. I have checked into all of the suggestions. I prefer a central location which eliminated several of the recommendations. I am really leaning toward Lurin area, specifically Blue Swan. I find very few reviews and no comments in any of the forums, TA or this one. Any insight? 1st week of June trip, will this location be hot? Sorry to keep throwing villas out, I just can't seem to settle on one. Thank you all.
. . . don’t know the Villa — will look for it on the web. I would say that June sun can be bordering on “hot,” & depending on two factors, “Blue Swan” may or may not work for you: (1) Is the salon/pool/kitchen area facing West . . . afternoon sun can make the area uncomfortable; depending on (2) AC situation — be sure to assess it.

https://www.stbarth.com/villas/detail/pajom/pajoma

Hi Gina,

We’ve stayed all over the island since ‘96 and we, too, love the Lurin area. Although we’ve not stayed at Villa Pajoma, it’s been on the short list a couple of times. Might be of interest to you and a good fit for your family. Fleur de Cactus looks great too. Keep us posted!

Gayle

Thank you. I think Blue Swan may have a NW facing living area given the pictures. This was exactly my concern as the living areas are not AC, only the bedrooms. We are pretty acclimated to warm temps and humidity being in Atl but we also have whole house A/C soooo may need to reconsider this one. Appreciate your input.

Thanks Gayle. Pajoma looks terrific but appears to be off market for the low season based on their calendar. I ad forgot about Fleur de Cactus, it had been on my short list at some point. Checking into that one now. Thank you.

I would think most villas in Lurin would face in a westward direction.... unless you were at the crest of the hill.

Attached you will find the exact position of Blue Swan. Never been there, but I always find pictures to be a big help.

Blue Swan.jpg

We stayed in Villa Prestige for our Thanksgiving trip last fall and very much enjoyed our stay...the view and location are amazing...although you will get your exercise coming up the hill (straight up past Isola and then bang a right up another steep hill). French owner and geared toward that direction...functional but not fancy bathrooms, French TV (which was fine for us), and the owner feeds a few cats (allergic/not a fan) so we'd have 2 or 3 circulating through the pool area and using the loungers. I'd flip the cushion and put a towel down...then flip back when done. Kitchen/Living room a bit musty...but...we didn't spend much time at all in there. Good size master, two other nice bedrooms. Amazing pool/deck area.

https://www.wimco.com/villas/villa.aspx?pid=902837

and...could it work for the original poster on this thread?

It's a really really nice Villa. The grounds are superb (well landscaped and large piece of property). Interior remodeling is high-end. The only downside to the Villa is the noise. You can hear street traffic and surrounding construction, pretty loud. Around 5 it starts to quiet out and into the evening it's nearly perfect. But poolside at like 11am or 2pm, it's noisy. That being said, it's one of the nicest places I have stayed, as it's very private and very high-end finishes. Pool is perfect size too.

Only negatives are noise and it's a little lower than i was anticipating. So the views, well nice, aren't breathtaking like just up the hill at the Hotel Carl Gustaf. Would i stay there again, not sure, would i recommend someone stay their for their trip, absolutely. Great Villa.

My next Villa that i plan to stay in is Villa Blue Diamond. Always been on my target list and it's next up!