June 2022 trip

Cwater

Senior Insider
Well we booked our 2022 trip a few months ago. Then we received notification that instead of straight through JFK to SXM we now had a connection through Atlanta. Yuk. Delta informed us that we should call in April to see if anything changed. For some reason we decided to call last night. We booked through American Express with points since our travel agent retired last year. Booking through American Express is a pain the the tush. If anyone has a travel agent you would like to share please let me know. None the less we rebooked through Jet Blue and got a straight through flight. Delta had not changed our connection. Trusting Delta that we will receive what they acknowledged will be a full refund. See you on the beach!

Keep checking Delta from time to time. Flights seem to change often nowadays. BUYER BEWARE.

Thanks. When dealing I always remember a very ancient Arabic saying…”trust in God, but tie up your camels.”

We always end up booking Jetblue when we go thru SXM. Every year people complain about Delta changing/cancelling flights from JFK to SXM. For me personally it's enough to not book Delta for this particular route. Obviously this could happen with Jetblue also, but it happens so often with Delta that you almost expect it or at the very least are worried about the potential.

I'm guessing because you canceled a change from a non-stop to a one-connection itinerary Delta gave you a refund rather than a credit? I'm told that's AA's policy.

And, watch your JetBlue flight,,,, I booked several JetBlue flights in January , the June FLL- SXM flight has changed times twice already.

Thanks to all. We received our American Express credits and booked on our second flight. See you on the beach at the end of June

JetBlue changed our direct flight from Boston to SXM 3 times. We now have to fly to JFK the night before, stay overnight and then fly out the next day (these changes made us incur extra charges, one is from Winair. I really don't like to fly them)

JetBlue changed our direct flight from Boston to SXM 3 times. We now have to fly to JFK the night before, stay overnight and then fly out the next day (these changes made us incur extra charges, one is from Winair. I really don't like to fly them)

jetBlue really stuck it to us good on our way back to DCA last month from SJU after a week in SBH. They canceled our return flight same day due to staffing shortages (despite canceling the same flight the two prior days, for some reason they didn't give us more advance notice). There were no alternatives offered by them, which is highly unusual -- they effectively sent an email saying, "Your flight is canceled. Good luck."

We scrambled (along with the hundreds of other passengers they had inconvenienced through three days of cancellations) to find the first available flight home. Had to end up staying in SJU at a hotel (on our dime) for two nights and then taking a flight on United that routed us through EWR and then back to DCA. It departed at 1:00AM. I arrived back at DCA at 7:30AM Monday, just in time to get straight to the office -- not a good day, and the last minute scramble for flights and hotel set my husband and I back about $3,800 total.

The airlines are an absolute mess right now!

If anyone has a travel agent you would like to share please let me know.
Found your post and thought I would share just in case you haven't found anyone yet :) -- I'm a Virtuoso Travel Advisor and would LOVE to help you with any future trips!

If you are attempting to monetize your free membership in this Forum please step back. We offer our wisdom without fee.

If I misread your intentions, please accept my apologies.
I apologize, but that was certainly not my attention at all. Cwater asked if anyone has a travel agent they would like to share and then asked for my website.