Snorkeling at Petite Anse?

davesmom

Senior Insider
Bonjour and attention all snorkelers!! DD was asking me about snorkeling at Petite Anse. We have only snorkeled at Colombier and the other beaches...ok, it is not my best talent, so I do not know anything about Petite Anse except it is near Cheval Blanc (for which I might need to bribe him with a reason to go, so I can follow in Phil's footsteps and spend a little time in their fab boutique..but I digress..:wink2:)

If we were to go over there, where does one park? We have done the hike to Colombier a few times and parked in 2 different places before, doing 2 different paths, but Petite Anse seems to be a part of Flamands beach? I saw La Langouste on a map and it seems to be kind of near that and a little hotel, Auberge, but I do not know if either of those places are actually near the snorkeling spot. Do you know if it is a safe spot to snorkel? Sometimes there are currents that are present but I do not know if this is one of them.

Merci en avance for your expert advice..hopefully it will be a diversion for him in light of my larger goal:D...!

You’ll go past Flamamds toward the lower trail head to Colombier. But before you get there, and before you get to Auberge, there’s a turn to the right that ends at the beach. Room for a few cars there. Sometimes there is sand there, most times not. Snorkeling can be good if not rough conditions, but it has not been as predictable for me as Colombier is.

As Tom wrote, you go past Flamands. To here.

https://goo.gl/maps/vmHJPdkxH6VM9zyQ8

There a set of stairs to the water with a small beach and pool. Into the water and to the left of the rocks is where you want to head. Haven't been back since the new construction. But here is a picture of what it used to look like.

P1030555.jpg

Thank you so much! It is so nice of you to share your info and photo with us! It looks charming:pray1: The map is perfect!:D