Bringing a small dog to SBH through SXM

ehardtke

SBH Member
Hi everyone - my friend plans to bring her small dog on our trip in February and I have used google to figure out the requirements to get through SXM and to SBH (health certificate, import certificate, rabies, microchip) but I was also hoping to hear from someone's firsthand experience as to the process. I don't want to be surprised by some small print or unwritten rule at the last minute, no need for any stress when we are on our way to paradise! Surely there are people on this forum who have brought their dogs (hopefully)?

Thanks!

Thanks, I DM'd her to see what she decided and to see if I could get any scoop. I always see so many people with their dogs there I didn't realize it was somewhat of a pain to do!

I love my dog as much or more than any fur father. But I'll never understand why folks bring their pets on a vacation requiring as many obstacles as a trip to SBH.

YMMV.

And capture the hearts of so many who got to meet him and his humans.

RIP Barty…gone but not forgotten.

Sorry,I do not have a picture to post.

And capture the hearts of so many who got to meet him and his humans.

RIP Barty…gone but not forgotten.

Sorry,I do not have a picture to post.
4083297675_32d568cf13_o.jpg

I love my dog as much or more than any fur father. But I'll never understand why folks bring their pets on a vacation requiring as many obstacles as a trip to SBH.

YMMV.
I agree 100%. People must have someone in their lives who can watch their dog while they are away.

Though I love dogs, & cats too, I can't imagine taking a dog along at any time, especially now when there are even more hoops to jump thru to get to SBH. Hard on the human, more on the pooch, & we've all heard horror stories of pooches flying & after things went wrong along the way.

YMMV.

Once we figured out what a hassle it was, she decided against it. Whew! Thanks all for the replies!