No testing requirement from USA/FRANCE-SXM-SBH if vaccinated and boosted

The issue really isn’t the ease of getting in. It is the problem with testing positive before coming home and not knowing you have it. And being stuck.
Yes indeed. That’s the thing that’s keeping our trip at bay.

Forgive me for being confused but the Wimco site states "All travelers 18 and older must proof of a negative COVID test, no more than 48 hours old at the time you board the flight into St Barts. Rapid antigen test recommended." and it also states " NOTE: If arriving via St Martin from France or the US, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated and boosted."

Perhaps in the Note section they are referring to St. Martin ONLY because St. Martin does not require testing if you are boosted?

• St Barts update – Jan 19 update
    • No pre-registration required
    • All travelers 18 and older must show proof of being fully vaccinated
    • All travelers 18 and older must proof of a negative COVID test, no more than 48 hours old at the time you board the flight into St Barts. Rapid antigen test recommended.
    • UK residents are allowed to enter St Barts, effective January 14, 2022, however they must provide a test result that is no more than 24 hours old.
    • NOTE: If arriving via St Martin from France or the US, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated and boosted

Forgive me for being confused but the Wimco site states "All travelers 18 and older must proof of a negative COVID test, no more than 48 hours old at the time you board the flight into St Barts. Rapid antigen test recommended." and it also states " NOTE: If arriving via St Martin from France or the US, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated and boosted."

Perhaps in the Note section they are referring to St. Martin ONLY because St. Martin does not require testing if you are boosted?

• St Barts update – Jan 19 update
    • No pre-registration required
    • All travelers 18 and older must show proof of being fully vaccinated
    • All travelers 18 and older must proof of a negative COVID test, no more than 48 hours old at the time you board the flight into St Barts. Rapid antigen test recommended.
    • UK residents are allowed to enter St Barts, effective January 14, 2022, however they must provide a test result that is no more than 24 hours old.
    • NOTE: If arriving via St Martin from France or the US, no test is required if you are fully vaccinated and boosted

If you are vaxxed and boosted, and coming through SXM, no test is required. However, vaxxed and boosted, coming from SJU, requires "within 48 hour of departure" testing - PCR or antigen. Go make sense of that.

Nils Dufau said in a message on Facebook to me that the information should be on their official website this afternoon. I presume this is the official website where it would be posted: https://www.saintbarth-tourisme.com/en/download-category/covid19-en/
Thank you so much for your update! (I don't do Facebook, so I did not know.) I really hope it is true! It would make my trip so much easier! Keeping fingers crossed!:pray1:

P.S. Sorry about the initial misspelling of M. Dufau's name:grin1:

Personally, and I may be in the minority, I preferred having everyone tested. It made the flights seem safer and the island seem safer. It may have all just been in my head, but I liked knowing that everyone around me had at least a negative test in the last few days. Also, being someone who caught asymptomatic covid while double vaxed and boostered, I know that it isn't a panacea and under the St Barth new policy I would have been welcomed in while unknowing spreading it around.

For travelers' own self interest, I would highly recommend getting your whole group tested prior to heading to St Barth or else risk spending the week or two cross contaminating each other and then getting stuck, banned from re-entry to their home countries on the back end.

Thank you for posting what I have been thinking.

I am not sure that the "vax + booster = no test is a reality"... I emailed the prefecture and they did not confirm that. I am going to reach out to Nils again. please stay tuned...

I am not sure that the "vax + booster = no test is a reality"... I emailed the prefecture and they did not confirm that. I am going to reach out to Nils again. please stay tuned...

Heard from Nils again: The file has been sent to our website manager in France. Because of the time difference with France, it might not appear on our site before tomorrow morning.

Heard from Nils again: The file has been sent to our website manager in France. Because of the time difference with France, it might not appear on our site before tomorrow morning.

this is the most recent update from Nils.... St Barth still requires a test, PCR or antigen, 48 hours before flight. he apologizes for the confusion caused yesterday...

full pdf attached:
View attachment Informations au 20012022 V2.pdf

screenshot of the info in English
info 1:20.jpg

The issue really isn’t the ease of getting in. It is the problem with testing positive before coming home and not knowing you have it. And being stuck.

Yes, we had a few anxious moments yesterday morning as we did our molecular tests to get back into Canada. Nothing like watching that flashing “ready” light for 30 minutes - but when they both switched to “done” and “negative” we did a little dance!

We’re back in frigid Toronto but we have memories of warm sunshine to last us until our next trip back!

the administration has announced a press conference this evening for the purpose of detailing some easing of restrictions to come.
à suivre . . .

the administration has announced a press conference this evening for the purpose of detailing some easing of restrictions to come.
à suivre . . .

The French PM and health minister announced easing protocols for schools, performance halls, stadiums, nightclubs, etc., over the next month and discussed implementation of the pass vaccinal beginning 1/24 yesterday. This may be related.

Fingers crossed the table limit of 6 is removed. Traveling in February with our family and splitting tables isn't ideal. Also somewhat comical given that we are traveling/staying together but cannot sit at the same table at a restaurant.